Mutual Image Impacts of Events and Host Destinations: What We Know From Prior Research
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arne Feddersen & André Leão Grötzinger & Wolfgang Maennig, 2009.
"Investment in Stadia and Regional Economic Development—Evidence from FIFA World Cup 2006,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 4(4), pages 221-239, November.
- Arne Feddersen & André Grötzinger & Wolfgang Maennig, 2008. "Investment in Stadia and Regional Economic Development - Evidence from FIFA World Cup 2006," Working Papers 016, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Kim, Woosoon & Walker, Matthew, 2012. "Measuring the social impacts associated with Super Bowl XLIII: Preliminary development of a psychic income scale," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 91-108.
- David A. Hensher & Ann M. Brewer, 2002. "Going for gold at the Sydney Olympics: How did transport perform?," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 381-399, January.
- Christine Green, B., 2001. "Leveraging Subculture and Identity to Promote Sport Events," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, May.
- Xing, Xiaoyan & Chalip, Laurence, 2006. "Effects of Hosting a Sport Event on Destination Brand: A Test of Co-branding and Match-up Models," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 49-78, May.
- Glen Searle, 2002. "Uncertain Legacy: Sydney's Olympic Stadiums," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 845-860, October.
- Victor Matheson & Robert Baade, 2004. "Padding Required: Assessing the Economic Impact of the Super Bowl," Working Papers 0403, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Drew Whitelegg, 2000. "Going for Gold: Atlanta's Bid for Fame," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 801-817, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEvents; Image Impact; Event Tourism; Destination Image; Literature Review;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sdk:wpaper:122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulla H. Oehlenschläger). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehhsdk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.