The migration decisions of physicians in Canada: The roles of immigrant status and spousal characteristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cloutier-Fisher, Denise & Joseph, Alun E., 2000. "Long-term care restructuring in rural Ontario: retrieving community service user and provider narratives," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(7-8), pages 1037-1045, April.
- Christopher Ferrall & Allan W. Gregory & William Tholl, 1998. "Endogenous Work Hours and Practice Patterns of Canadian Physicians," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Basu, Kisalaya & Rajbhandary, Sameer, 2006. "Interprovincial migration of physicians in Canada: What are the determinants?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 186-193, April.
- Jacobsen, Joyce P. & Levin, Laurence M., 2000. "The effects of internal migration on the relative economic status of women and men," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 291-304, May.
- Jean-Christophe Dumont & Pascal Zurn & Jody Church & Christine LeThi, 2008. "International Mobility of Health Professionals and Health Workforce Management in Canada: Myths and Realities," OECD Health Working Papers 40, OECD Publishing.
- Benoit Dostie & Pierre Léger, 2009. "Self-selection in migration and returns to unobservables," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 1005-1024, October.
- Michael Benarroch & Hugh Grant, 2004. "The interprovincial migration of Canadian physicians: does income matter?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(20), pages 2335-2345.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hennig-Schmidt, Heike & Wiesen, Daniel, 2014. "Other-regarding behavior and motivation in health care provision: An experiment with medical and non-medical students," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 156-165.
- Mu, Chunzhou, 2015. "The age profile of the location decision of Australian general practitioners," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 183-193.
More about this item
KeywordsCanada; Physicians; Immigrants; Internal migration; Family migration; Retention; Rural;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:9:p:1581-1588. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .