Labor migration and child mortality in Mozambique
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nancy Luke & Kaivan Munshi, 2006. "New Roles for Marriage in Urban Africa: Kinship Networks and the Labor Market in Kenya," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 264-282, May.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Zabin, Carol & Eckhoff, Kay, 1999. "Migration and rural development in El Salvador: a micro economywide perspective10," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 91-114.
- Martin Brockerhoff, 1990. "Rural-to-Urban migration and child survival in Senegal," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 27(4), pages 601-616, November.
- Barrios, Salvador & Bertinelli, Luisito & Strobl, Eric, 2006.
"Climatic change and rural-urban migration: The case of sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 357-371, November.
- Eric Strobl & Luisito Bertinelli & Salvador Barrios, "undated". "Climatic Change and Rural-Urban Migration: The Case of Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 06-01, FEDEA.
- Salvador Barrios & Luisito Bertinelli & Eric Strobl, 2006. "Climatic Change and Rural-Urban Migration: The Case of Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 06-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & BERTINELLI, Luisito & STROBL, Eric, 2006. "Climatic change and rural-urban migration: the case of sub-Saharan Africa," CORE Discussion Papers 2006046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Avogo, Winfred Aweyire & Agadjanian, Victor, 2010. "Forced migration and child health and mortality in Angola," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 53-60, January.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Peter Egger & Doina Maria Radulescu, 2009.
"The Influence of Labour Taxes on the Migration of Skilled Workers,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(9), pages 1365-1379, September.
- Peter Egger & Doina Radulescu, 2008. "The Influence of Labor Taxes on the Migration of Skilled Workers," CESifo Working Paper Series 2462, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fion De Vletter, 2007. "Migration and development in Mozambique: poverty, inequality and survival," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 137-153.
- Lu, Yao, 2008. "Test of the 'healthy migrant hypothesis': A longitudinal analysis of health selectivity of internal migration in Indonesia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1331-1339, October.
- Brockerhoff, Martin, 1995. "Child survival in big cities: The disadvantages of migrants," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1371-1383, May.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2008.
"Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 150-175, February.
- Mariapia MENDOLA, 2005. "Migration and technological change in rural households: complements or substitutes?," Departmental Working Papers 2005-15, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Stanton, Bonita & Fang, Xiaoyi, 2010. "The influence of social stigma and discriminatory experience on psychological distress and quality of life among rural-to-urban migrants in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 84-92, July.
- Victor Agadjanian & Scott Yabiku & Boaventura Cau, 2011. "Men’s Migration and Women’s Fertility in Rural Mozambique," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(3), pages 1029-1048, August.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "International Migration, Remittances, and Schooling: Evidence from El Salvador," NBER Working Papers 9766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiros, Gebre-Egzbiabher & White, Michael J., 2004. "Migration, community context, and child immunization in Ethiopia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(12), pages 2603-2616, December.
- Moss, Nancy & Stone, Michael C. & Smith, Jason B., 1992. "Child health outcomes among central American refugees and immigrants in Belize," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 161-167, January.
- Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Ureta, Manuelita, 2003. "International migration, remittances, and schooling: evidence from El Salvador," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 429-461, December.
- Uma Kothari, 2003. "Staying put and staying poor?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 645-657.
- David J. McKenzie & Nicole Hildebrandt, 2005.
"The Effects of Migration on Child Health in Mexico,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2005), pages 257-289, August.
- Hildebrandt, Nicole & McKenzie, David, 2005. "The effects of migration on child health in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3573, The World Bank.
- Lu, Yao, 2010. "Rural-urban migration and health: Evidence from longitudinal data in Indonesia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 412-419, February.
- Shawn Kanaiaupuni & Katharine Donato, 1999. "Migradollars and mortality: The effects of migration on infant survival in Mexico," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 36(3), pages 339-353, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.071472_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariapia Mendola, 2012. "Rural out‐migration and economic development at origin: A review of the evidence," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 102-122, January.
- Rousseau, Cecile & Drapeau, Aline & Corin, Ellen, 1997. "The influence of culture and context on the pre- and post-migration experience of school-aged refugees from Central America and Southeast Asia in Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1115-1127, April.
- Stark, Oded, 1988. "On Marriage and Migration," MPRA Paper 21672, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- Johnson, Michelle A. & Marchi, Kristen S., 2009. "Segmented assimilation theory and perinatal health disparities among women of Mexican descent," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 101-109, July.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
- Schmeer, Kammi, 2009. "Father absence due to migration and child illness in rural Mexico," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1281-1286, October.
- Kalipeni, Ezekiel, 1993. "Determinants of infant mortality in Malawi: A spatial perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 183-198, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mao-Mei Liu & Mathew J. Creighton & Fernando Riosmena & Pau Baizán, 2016. "Prospects for the comparative study of international migration using quasi-longitudinal micro-data," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(26), pages 745-782, September.
- Luciana Luz & Victor Agadjanian, 2015. "Women’s decision-making autonomy and children’s schooling in rural Mozambique," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 32(25), pages 775-796, March.
- Li, Qiang & Liu, Gordon & Zang, Wenbin, 2015. "The health of left-behind children in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 367-376.
More about this item
KeywordsMozambique; Labor migration; Child mortality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:12:p:2530-2538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.