Explaining differences in the political meaning of unemployment across time and space
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 31 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Piore, Michael J, 1987. "Historical Perspectives and the Interpretation of Unemployment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(4), pages 1834-50, December.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Gary Charness & David I. Levine, 1999.
"When are layoffs acceptable? Evidence from a quasi-experiment,"
Economics Working Papers
369, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Gary Charness & David I. Levine, 2000. "When are layoffs acceptable? Evidence from a quasi-experiment," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(3), pages 381-400, April.
- Charness, Gary B & Levine, David I. I., 2000. "When Are Layoffs Acceptable? Evidence From A Quasi-Experiment," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4vs7h4hh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- De Vroey, M., 1994. "Involuntary Unemployment. Unravelling the Conceptual Muddles," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1994025, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Yee, Albert S., 1996. "The causal effects of ideas on policies," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(01), pages 69-108, December.
- José María Maravall, 1997. "Surviving Accountability," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 46, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Noel Whiteside & James A. Gillespie, 1991. "Deconstructing unemployment: developments in Britain in the interwar years," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 44(4), pages 665-682, November.
- Danziger, Sheldon & Haveman, Robert & Plotnick, Robert, 1981. "How Income Transfer Programs Affect Work, Savings, and the Income Distribution: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 975-1028, September.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy,Discrimination, and Keynesian Unemployment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 376-414, July.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Lawrence H. Summers, 1985. "A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy, Discrimination and Keynesian Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 1666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glyn, Andrew, 1995. "The Assessment: Unemployment and Inequality," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-25, Spring.
- Bastiaan van Apeldoorn, 1998. "Transnationalization and the Restructuring of Europe's Socioeconomic Order: Social Forces in the Construction of "Embedded Neoliberalism"," International Journal of Political Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 28(1), pages 12-53, April.
- Freeman, Richard B., 1998. "War of the models: Which labour market institutions for the 21st century?1," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Korpi, Walter, 1996. "Eurosclerosis and the Sclerosis of Objectivity: On the Role of Values among Economic Policy Experts," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1727-46, November.
- Nordhaus, William D, 1975. "The Political Business Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 169-90, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:31:y:2002:i:5:p:469-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.