Explaining differences in the political meaning of unemployment across time and space
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- José María Maravall, 1997. "Surviving Accountability," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 46, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Weatherford, M. Stephen, 1984. "Economic ‘Stagflation’ and Public Support for the Political System," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 187-205, April.
- Danziger, Sheldon & Haveman, Robert & Plotnick, Robert, 1981. "How Income Transfer Programs Affect Work, Savings, and the Income Distribution: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 975-1028, September.
- De Vroey, M., 1994. "Involuntary Unemployment. Unravelling the Conceptual Muddles," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1994025, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:86:y:1992:i:04:p:875-887_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:94:y:2000:i:02:p:251-267_22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Noel Whiteside & James A. Gillespie, 1991. "Deconstructing unemployment: developments in Britain in the interwar years," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 44(4), pages 665-682, November.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy,Discrimination, and Keynesian Unemployment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 376-414, July.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Lawrence H. Summers, 1985. "A Theory of Dual Labor Markets with Application to Industrial Policy, Discrimination and Keynesian Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 1666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Charness & David I. Levine, 2000.
"When are Layoffs Acceptable? Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(3), pages 381-400, April.
- Gary Charness & David I. Levine, 1999. "When are layoffs acceptable? Evidence from a quasi-experiment," Economics Working Papers 369, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Charness, Gary B & Levine, David I. I., 2000. "When Are Layoffs Acceptable? Evidence From A Quasi-Experiment," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4vs7h4hh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:67:y:1973:i:01:p:11-28_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Piore, Michael J, 1987. "Historical Perspectives and the Interpretation of Unemployment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(4), pages 1834-1850, December.
- Korpi, Walter, 1996. "Eurosclerosis and the Sclerosis of Objectivity: On the Role of Values among Economic Policy Experts," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1727-1746, November.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:91:y:1997:i:01:p:66-81_23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1975. "The Political Business Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 169-190.
- Freeman, Richard B., 1998. "War of the models: Which labour market institutions for the 21st century?1," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Bastiaan Van Apeldoorn, 1998. "Transnationalization and the Restructuring of Europe’s Socioeconomic Order," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 12-53, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:85:y:1991:i:03:p:777-800_17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Glyn, Andrew, 1995. "The Assessment: Unemployment and Inequality," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-25, Spring.
- Finkel, Steven E. & Muller, Edward N. & Seligson, Mitchell A., 1989. "Economic Crisis, Incumbent Performance and Regime Support: A Comparison of Longitudinal Data from West Germany and Costa Rica," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(03), pages 329-351, July.
- Yee, Albert S., 1996. "The causal effects of ideas on policies," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(01), pages 69-108, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:31:y:2002:i:5:p:469-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .