Comparing tests of the theory of exhaustible resources
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Slade, Margaret E., 1982. "Trends in natural-resource commodity prices: An analysis of the time domain," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 122-137, June.
- Margaret E. Slade & Henry Thille, 1997.
"Hotelling Confronts CAPM: A Test of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 685-708, August.
- Margaret E. Slade & Henry Thille, 1994. "Hotelling Confronts CAPM: A Test of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," CESifo Working Paper Series 73, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Chermak, Janie M. & Patrick, Robert H., 2001. "A Microeconometric Test of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 82-103, July.
- Miller, Merton H & Upton, Charles W, 1985. "A Test of the Hotelling Valuation Principle," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Hatanaka, Michio, 1974. "An efficient two-step estimator for the dynamic adjustment model with autoregressive errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 199-220, September.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Stollery, Kenneth R., 1983. "Mineral depletion with cost as the extraction limit: A model applied to the behavior of prices in the nickel industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 151-165, June.
- Denise Young, 1992. "Cost Specification and Firm Behaviour in a Hotelling Model of Resource Extraction," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 41-59, February.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1986. "Economic data issues," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 25, pages 1465-1514 Elsevier.
- Farrow, Scott, 1985. "Testing the Efficiency of Extraction from a Stock Resource," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 452-487, June.
- Ahrens, W. Ashley & Sharma, Vijaya R., 1997. "Trends in Natural Resource Commodity Prices: Deterministic or Stochastic?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 59-74, May.
- Robert Halvorsen & Tim R. Smith, 1991. "A Test of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 123-140.
- Smith, V Kerry, 1979. "Natural Resource Scarcity: A Statistical Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 423-427, August.
- Miller, Merton H & Upton, Charles W, 1985. " The Pricing of Oil and Gas: Some Further Results," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 1009-1018, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borissov, Kirill & Surkov, Alexander, 2010.
"Common and private property to exhaustible resources: theoretical implications for economic growth,"
27524, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kirill Borissov & Alexander Surkov, 2010. "Common and Private Property to Exhaustible Resources: Theoretical Implications for Economic Growth," EUSP Department of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-02/10, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics, revised 29 Sep 2010.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:435:d:69314 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anthony J. Venables, 2014.
"Depletion and Development: Natural Resource Supply with Endogenous Field Opening,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 313-336.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2011. "Depletion and Development: Natural Resource Supply with Endogenous Field Opening," CESifo Working Paper Series 3608, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2011. "Depletion and development: natural resource supply with endogenous field opening," Economics Series Working Papers 554, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2011. "Depletion and Development: Natural resource supply with endogenous field opening," OxCarre Working Papers 062, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Boyce, John R. & Nøstbakken, Linda, 2011. "Exploration and development of U.S. oil and gas fields, 1955-2002," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 891-908, June.
- Kirill Borissov & Mikhail Pakhnin, 2018.
"Economic growth and property rights on natural resources,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 65(2), pages 423-482, March.
- Kirill Borissov & Mikhail Pakhnin, 2014. "Economic Growth and Property Rights on Natural Resources," CEEES Paper Series CE3S-05/14, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Kirill Borissov & Mikhail Pakhnin, 2016. "Economic Growth and Property Rights on Natural Resources," EUSP Department of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-02/16, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Okullo, Samuel J. & Reynès, Frédéric & Hofkes, Marjan W., 2015.
"Modeling peak oil and the geological constraints on oil production,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 36-56.
- Okullo, S.J. & Reynes, F. & Hofkes, M.W., 2014. "Modeling Peak Oil and the Geological Constraints on Oil Production," Discussion Paper 2014-036, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Caputo, Michael R., 2011. "A nearly complete test of a capital accumulating, vertically integrated, nonrenewable resource extracting theory of a competitive firm," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 725-744, September.
- Antoine Belgodere, 2009. "On The Path Of An Oil Pigovian Tax," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(5), pages 632-649, September.
- Roel van Veldhuizen & Joep Sonnemans, 2011.
"Nonrenewable Resources, Strategic Behavior and the Hotelling Rule: An Experiment,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
11-014/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van Veldhuizen, Roel & Sonnemans, Joep, 2014. "Nonrenewable resources, strategic behavior and the hotelling rule: An experiment," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2014-203, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Pickering, Andrew, 2008. "The oil reserves production relationship," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 352-370, March.
- Kirill Borissov & Alexander Surkov, 2012. "Public versus Private Ownership of Exhaustible Resources in Models of Economic Growth with Heterogeneous Consumers," DEGIT Conference Papers c017_046, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Jianzhong Xiao & Xiaolin Wang & Ran Wang, 2016. "Research on Factors Affecting the Optimal Exploitation of Natural Gas Resources in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-13, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:resene:v:24:y:2002:i:4:p:301-325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.