The oil reserves production relationship
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chermak, Janie M. & Patrick, Robert H., 2002. "Comparing tests of the theory of exhaustible resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 301-325, November.
- Adelman, M.A. & Watkins, G.C., 2005. "U.S. oil and natural gas reserve prices, 1982-2003," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 553-571, July.
- Robert M. Solow & Frederic Y. Wan, 1976. "Extraction Costs in the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(2), pages 359-370, Autumn.
- Salant, Stephen W, 1976. "Exhaustible Resources and Industrial Structure: A Nash-Cournot Approach to the World Oil Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1079-1093, October.
- Donald A. Hanson, 1980. "Increasing Extraction Costs and Resource Prices: Some Further Results," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 335-342, Spring.
- Farzin, Y H, 1992. "The Time Path of Scarcity Rent in the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 813-830, July.
- Mukesh Eswaran & Tracy Lewis, 1985. "Exhaustible Resources and Alternative Equilibrium Concepts," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 459-473, August.
- Adelman, M. A., 1986. "Oil producing countries' discount rates," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 309-329, December.
- J. M. Hartwick & P. A. Sadorsky, 1990.
"Duopoly in Exhaustible Resource Exploration and Extraction,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 276-293, May.
- John Hartwick & Perry Sadorsky, 1988. "Duopoly in Exhaustible Resource Exploration and Extraction," Working Paper 721, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Tracy R. Lewis & Richard Schmalensee, 1980.
"On Oligopolistic Markets for Nonrenewable Natural Resources,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 475-491.
- Lewis, Tracy R. & Schmalensee, Richard., 1979. "On oligopolistic markets for nonrenewable natural resources," Working papers 1052-79., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Cremer, Jacques & Weitzman, Martin L., 1976. "OPEC and the monopoly price of world oil," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 155-164, August.
- Jeffrey A. Krautkraemer, 1998. "Nonrenewable Resource Scarcity," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2065-2107, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1978. "Gains to Producers from the Cartelization of Exhaustible Resources," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 238-251, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esmaeili, Abdoulkarim & Abdollahzadeh, Negar, 2009. "Oil exploitation and the environmental Kuznets curve," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 371-374, January.
- Rodriguez, Xose Anton & Arias, Carlos, 2008.
"The effects of resource depletion on coal mining productivity,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 397-408, March.
- Arias, Carlos & Rodríguez, Xosé Antón, 2005. "The Effects of Resource Depletion on Coal Mining Productivity," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Arias, Carlos & Rodríguez, Xosé Antón, 2005. "The Effects of Resource Depletion on Coal Mining Productivity," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Ringlund, Guro Bornes & Rosendahl, Knut Einar & Skjerpen, Terje, 2008.
"Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes An empirical investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 371-396, March.
- Guro Børnes Ringlund & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Terje Skjerpen, 2004. "Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes? An empirical investigation," Discussion Papers 372, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Okullo, Samuel J. & Reynès, Frédéric & Hofkes, Marjan W., 2015.
"Modeling peak oil and the geological constraints on oil production,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 36-56.
- Okullo, S.J. & Reynes, F. & Hofkes, M.W., 2014. "Modeling Peak Oil and the Geological Constraints on Oil Production," Discussion Paper 2014-036, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wetzstein, M. & Wetzstein, H., 2011. "Four myths surrounding U.S. biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4308-4312, July.
- repec:scn:00rbes:y:2017:i:1:p:42-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Güntner, Jochen H.F., 2019.
"How do oil producers respond to giant oil field discoveries?,"
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 59-74.
- Jochen Güntner, 2017. "How do oil producers respond to giant oil field discoveries?," Economics working papers 2017-04, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Pål Boug & Ådne Cappelen & Anders Rygh Swensen, 2016. "Modelling OPEC behaviour. Theory and evidence," Discussion Papers 843, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Karanfil, Fatih & Omgba, Luc Désiré, 2017.
"Reconsidering the scarcity factor in the dynamics of oil markets: An empirical investigation of the (mis)measurement of oil reserves,"
Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 209-218.
- Fatih Karanfil & Luc-Désiré Omgba, 2017. "Reconsidering the scarcity factor in the dynamics of oil markets: An empirical investigation of the (mis)measurement of oil reserves," Post-Print hal-01639006, HAL.
- Diego Barril and Fernando Navajas, 2015. "Natural Gas Supply Behavior under Interventionism: The Case of Argentina," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Barril, Diego & Navajas, Fernando H., 2011. "What drove down natural gas production in Argentina?," MPRA Paper 35726, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2011.
- Julien Chevallier & Stéphane Goutte & Khaled Guesmi, 2019. "Climate finance and the restructuring of the oil-gas-coal business model under carbon asset stranding constraints," Working Papers halshs-02106113, HAL.
- Brandt, Adam R., 2010. "Review of mathematical models of future oil supply: Historical overview and synthesizing critique," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3958-3974.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:124:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0573-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:30:y:2008:i:2:p:352-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.