Costs and benefits of renewable energy development in China's power industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Hao & Tang, Bao-Jun & Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"A multi-period power generation planning model incorporating the non-carbon external costs: A case study of China,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1333-1345.
- Hao Chen & Bao-Jun Tang & Hua Liao & Yi-Ming Wei, 2016. "A multi-period power generation planning model incorporating the non-carbon external costs: A case study of China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 97, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Patteeuw, Dieter & Reynders, Glenn & Bruninx, Kenneth & Protopapadaki, Christina & Delarue, Erik & D’haeseleer, William & Saelens, Dirk & Helsen, Lieve, 2015. "CO2-abatement cost of residential heat pumps with active demand response: demand- and supply-side effects," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 490-501.
- Wu, Jie & Albrecht, Johan & Fan, Ying & Xia, Yan, 2016. "The design of renewable support schemes and CO2 emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 4-11.
- Park, Sang Yong & Yun, Bo-Yeong & Yun, Chang Yeol & Lee, Duk Hee & Choi, Dong Gu, 2016. "An analysis of the optimum renewable energy portfolio using the bottom–up model: Focusing on the electricity generation sector in South Korea," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 319-329.
- Aliprandi, F. & Stoppato, A. & Mirandola, A., 2016. "Estimating CO2 emissions reduction from renewable energy use in Italy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 220-232.
- Xunzhang, Pan & Wenying, Chen & Clarke, Leon E. & Lining, Wang & Guannan, Liu, 2017. "China's energy system transformation towards the 2°C goal: Implications of different effort-sharing principles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 116-126.
- Hong, Sungjun & Chung, Yanghon & Kim, Jongwook & Chun, Dongphil, 2016. "Analysis on the level of contribution to the national greenhouse gas reduction target in Korean transportation sector using LEAP model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 549-559.
- Wu, Ning & Parsons, John E. & Polenske, Karen R., 2013. "The impact of future carbon prices on CCS investment for power generation in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 160-172.
- Zhao, Zhen-Yu & Chen, Yu-Long & Chang, Rui-Dong, 2016. "How to stimulate renewable energy power generation effectively? – China's incentive approaches and lessons," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 147-156.
- Howells, Mark & Rogner, Holger & Strachan, Neil & Heaps, Charles & Huntington, Hillard & Kypreos, Socrates & Hughes, Alison & Silveira, Semida & DeCarolis, Joe & Bazillian, Morgan & Roehrl, Alexander, 2011. "OSeMOSYS: The Open Source Energy Modeling System: An introduction to its ethos, structure and development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5850-5870, October.
- Li, Cun-bin & Li, Peng & Feng, Xia, 2014. "Analysis of wind power generation operation management risk in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 266-275.
- Neij, Lena, 1997. "Use of experience curves to analyse the prospects for diffusion and adoption of renewable energy technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(13), pages 1099-1107, November.
- Schuman, Sara & Lin, Alvin, 2012. "China's Renewable Energy Law and its impact on renewable power in China: Progress, challenges and recommendations for improving implementation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 89-109.
- Surender Kumar & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2015.
"Substitute or complement? Assessing renewable and nonrenewable energy in OECD countries,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(14), pages 1438-1459, March.
- Surender Kumar & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2014. "Substitute or complement? Assessing renewable and non-renewable energy in OCED countries," Working Papers SDES-2014-8, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Oct 2014.
- Chen, Qixin & Kang, Chongqing & Xia, Qing & Guan, Dabo, 2011. "Preliminary exploration on low-carbon technology roadmap of China’s power sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1500-1512.
- Park, Nyun-Bae & Yun, Sun-Jin & Jeon, Eui-Chan, 2013. "An analysis of long-term scenarios for the transition to renewable energy in the Korean electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 288-296.
- Zhang, Xiliang & Karplus, Valerie J. & Qi, Tianyu & Zhang, Da & He, Jiankun, 2016. "Carbon emissions in China: How far can new efforts bend the curve?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 388-395.
- Zhou, Nan & Fridley, David & Khanna, Nina Zheng & Ke, Jing & McNeil, Michael & Levine, Mark, 2013. "China's energy and emissions outlook to 2050: Perspectives from bottom-up energy end-use model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 51-62.
- Castelo Branco, David A. & Szklo, Alexandre & Gomes, Gabriel & Borba, Bruno S.M.C. & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2011. "Abatement costs of CO2 emissions in the Brazilian oil refining sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3782-3790.
- Yuan, Jiahai & Hou, Yong & Xu, Ming, 2012. "China's 2020 carbon intensity target: Consistency, implementations, and policy implications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4970-4981.
- Yi-Ming Wei & Gang Wu & Ying Fan & Lan-Cui Liu, 2006. "Progress in energy complex system modelling and analysis," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 25(1/2), pages 109-128.
- Barteczko-Hibbert, Christian & Bonis, Ioannis & Binns, Michael & Theodoropoulos, Constantinos & Azapagic, Adisa, 2014. "A multi-period mixed-integer linear optimisation of future electricity supply considering life cycle costs and environmental impacts," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 317-334.
- Ates, Seyithan A., 2015. "Energy efficiency and CO2 mitigation potential of the Turkish iron and steel industry using the LEAP (long-range energy alternatives planning) system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 417-428.
- Kumar, Subhash & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016. "CO2 emission reduction potential assessment using renewable energy in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 273-282.
- Li, Ying & Lukszo, Zofia & Weijnen, Margot, 2015. "The implications of CO2 price for China’s power sector decarbonization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 53-64.
- Muis, Z.A. & Hashim, H. & Manan, Z.A. & Taha, F.M. & Douglas, P.L., 2010. "Optimal planning of renewable energy-integrated electricity generation schemes with CO2 reduction target," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2562-2570.
- Lu, Ze-Yu & Li, Wen-Hua & Xie, Bai-Chen & Shang, Li-Feng, 2015. "Study on China’s wind power development path—Based on the target for 2030," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 197-208.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Du, Xiaodong & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2011.
"Second generation biofuels: Economics and policies,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4222-4234, July.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Du, Xiaodong & Timilsina, Govinda R, 2010. "Second-generation biofuels : economics and policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5406, The World Bank.
- Qi, Tianyu & Zhang, Xiliang & Karplus, Valerie J., 2014. "The energy and CO2 emissions impact of renewable energy development in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 60-69.
- Özer, Betül & Görgün, Erdem & İncecik, Selahattin, 2013. "The scenario analysis on CO2 emission mitigation potential in the Turkish electricity sector: 2006–2030," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 395-403.
- Chen, Hao & Kang, Jia-Ning & Liao, Hua & Tang, Bao-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2017. "Costs and potentials of energy conservation in China's coal-fired power industry: A bottom-up approach considering price uncertainties," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 23-32.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Kopanos, Georgios M. & Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2014. "A spatial multi-period long-term energy planning model: A case study of the Greek power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 456-482.
- Cong, Rong-Gang, 2013. "An optimization model for renewable energy generation and its application in China: A perspective of maximum utilization," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 94-103.
- Cheng, Rui & Xu, Zhaofeng & Liu, Pei & Wang, Zhe & Li, Zheng & Jones, Ian, 2015. "A multi-region optimization planning model for China’s power sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 413-426.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bai, Caiquan & Feng, Chen & Du, Kerui & Wang, Yuansheng & Gong, Yuan, 2020. "Understanding spatial-temporal evolution of renewable energy technology innovation in China: Evidence from convergence analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C).
- Xie, Pinjie & Yang, Fan & Mu, Zhuowen & Gao, Shuangshuang, 2020. "Influencing factors of the decoupling relationship between CO2 emission and economic development in China’s power industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 209(C).
- Xu, Weiwei & Zhou, Dan & Huang, Xiaoming & Lou, Boliang & Liu, Dong, 2020. "Optimal allocation of power supply systems in industrial parks considering multi-energy complementarity and demand response," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 275(C).
- Dincer, Hasan & Yuksel, Serhat, 2019. "Balanced scorecard-based analysis of investment decisions for the renewable energy alternatives: A comparative analysis based on the hybrid fuzzy decision-making approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 1259-1270.
- Ziyuan Tang & Hasan Dinçer, 2019. "Selecting the House-of-Quality-Based Energy Investment Policies for the Sustainable Emerging Economies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-22, June.
- Chang, Kai & Wan, Qiong & Lou, Qichun & Chen, Yili & Wang, Weihong, 2020. "Green fiscal policy and firms’ investment efficiency: New insights into firm-level panel data from the renewable energy industry in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 589-597.
- Wang, Kai-Hua & Su, Chi-Wei & Lobonţ, Oana-Ramona & Moldovan, Nicoleta-Claudia, 2020. "Chinese renewable energy industries’ boom and recession: Evidence from bubble detection procedure," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity generation; Renewable energy; Capacity factor; CO2 abatement costs; CO2 emissions; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:131:y:2019:i:c:p:700-712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.