The long-term financial drivers of fine wine prices: The role of emerging markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Masset, Philippe & Henderson, Caroline, 2010. "Wine as an Alternative Asset Class," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 87-118, April.
- James J. Fogarty & Callum Jones, 2011.
"Return To Wine: A Comparison Of The Hedonic, Repeat Sales And Hybrid Approaches,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 147-156, December.
- Fogarty, James Joseph & Jones, Callum, 2011. "Return to wine: A comparison of the hedonic, repeat sales, and hybrid approaches," Working Papers 108668, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lucey, Brian M. & Devine, Liam, 2015. "Was wine a premier cru investment?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 33-51.
- Jones, Gregory V. & Storchmann, Karl-Heinz, 2001. "Wine market prices and investment under uncertainty: an econometric model for Bordeaux Crus Classes," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 115-133, November.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 2010.
"Predicting the Quality and Prices of Bordeaux Wine,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 40-52, April.
- Orley Ashenfelter, 2008. "Predicting the Quality and Prices of Bordeaux Wine," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(529), pages 174-184, June.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 2007. "Predicting the quality and prices of Bordeaux wines," Working Papers 37297, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Kourtis, Apostolos & Markellos, Raphael N. & Psychoyios, Dimitris, 2012. "Wine price risk management: International diversification and derivative instruments," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 30-37.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Cevik, Serhan & Saadi Sedik, Tahsin, 2014.
"A Barrel of Oil or a Bottle of Wine: How Do Global Growth Dynamics Affect Commodity Prices?,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 34-50, May.
- Tahsin Saadi Sedik & Serhan Cevik, 2011. "A Barrel of Oil or a Bottle of Wine; How Do Global Growth Dynamics Affect Commodity Prices?," IMF Working Papers 11/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Aytaç, Beysül & Hoang, Thi-Hong-Van & Mandou, Cyrille, 2016. "Wine: To drink or invest in? A study of wine as an investment asset in French portfolios," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 591-614.
- Burton, Benjamin J & Jacobsen, Joyce P, 2001. "The Rate of Return on Investment in Wine," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(3), pages 337-350, July.
- Pierre Combris & Sebastien Lecocq & Michael Visser, 2000. "Estimation of a hedonic price equation for Burgundy wine," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 961-967.
- Jean-Marie Cardebat & Jean-Marc Figuet, 2004. "What explains Bordeaux wine prices?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 293-296.
- Bouri, Elie I., 2013. "Do Fine Wines Blend with Crude Oil? Seizing the Transmission of Mean and Volatility Between Two Commodity Prices," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 49-68, May.
- Sanning, Lee W. & Shaffer, Sherrill & Sharratt, Jo Marie, 2008. "Bordeaux Wine as a Financial Investment," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 51-71, April.
- B. Faye & E. Le Fur & S. Prat, 2015. "Dynamics of fine wine and asset prices: evidence from short- and long-run co-movements," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(29), pages 3059-3077, June.
- Fogarty, James J., 2010. "Wine Investment and Portfolio Diversification Gains," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 119-131, April.
- Krasker, William S, 1979. "The Rate of Return to Storing Wines," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1363-1367, December.
- James M. Poterba, 2000. "Stock Market Wealth and Consumption," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 99-118, Spring.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Cardebat, Jean-Marie & Faye, BenoÃ®t & Le Fur, Eric & Storchmann, Karl, 2017. "The Law of One Price? Price Dispersion on the Auction Market for Fine Wine," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 302-331, August.
- Dolado, Juan J & Jenkinson, Tim & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon, 1990. " Cointegration and Unit Roots," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 249-273.
- Combris, Pierre & Lecocq, Sebastien & Visser, Michael, 1997. "Estimation for a Hedonic Price Equation for Bordeaux Wine: Does Quality Matter?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 390-402, March.
- Fogarty, James J. & Sadler, Rohan, 2014. "To Save or Savor: A Review of Approaches for Measuring Wine as an Investment," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 225-248, December.
- James Joseph Fogarty, 2006. "The return to Australian fine wine," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 542-561, December.
- Jaeger, Elizabeth, 1981. "To Save or Savor: The Rate of Return to Storing Wine: Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 584-592, June.
- Funke, Norbert, 2004. "Is there a stock market wealth effect in emerging markets?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 417-421, June.
- Jean-Marie Cardebat & Jean-Marc Figuet, 2009. "Estimation of a hedonic price equation for Alsace, Beaujolais and Provence wines," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(9), pages 921-927.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsWine; Cointegration; Financial markets; Emerging markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:67:y:2018:i:c:p:347-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.