Nonlinear pricing and price cap regulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Robert D. Willig, 1978. "Pareto-Superior Nonlinear Outlay Schedules," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 56-69, Spring.
- Armstrong, Mark & Vickers, John, 1993. "Price Discrimination, Competition and Regulation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 335-359, December.
- Ordover, Janusz A & Panzar, John C, 1982. "On the Nonlinear Pricing of Inputs," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 659-675, October.
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 1984. "Monopoly with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 171-196, Summer.
- Roberts, Kevin W S, 1979. "Welfare Considerations of Nonlinear Pricing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(353), pages 66-83, March.
- Spence, Michael, 1977. "Nonlinear prices and welfare," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18, August.
- Oren, Shmuel S. & Smith, Stephen A. & Wilson, Robert B., 1983. "Competitive nonlinear tariffs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 49-71, February.
- David E.M. Sappington & David S. Sibley, 1992. "Strategic Nonlinear Pricing under Price-Cap Regulation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19, Spring.
- Roger Sherman & Michael Visscher, 1982. "Rate-of-Return Regulation and Two-Part Tariffs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(1), pages 27-42.
- Michael L. Katz, 1983. "Non-uniform Pricing, Output and Welfare under Monopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 37-56.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Mark Armstrong & Simon Cowan & John Vickers, 1994. "Regulatory Reform: Economic Analysis and British Experience," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510790, January.
- Varian, Hal R., 1989. "Price discrimination," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 597-654 Elsevier.
- Padmanabhan Srinagesh, 1986. "Nonlinear Prices and the Regulated Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(1), pages 51-68.
- Mark Armstrong & John Vickers, 1991. "Welfare Effects of Price Discrimination by a Regulated Monopolist," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 571-581, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georg Meran & Christian Hirschhausen, 2009.
"A modified yardstick competition mechanism,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 223-245, June.
- Georg Meran & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006. "A Modified Yardstick Competition Mechanism," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 559, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Georg Meran & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006. "A Modified Yardstick Competition Mechanism," Working Papers 2006-05, Center for Network Industries and Infrastructure (CNI).
- David Hawdon & Lester C. Hunt & Paul Levine & Neil Rickman, 2007.
"Optimal sliding scale regulation: an application to regional electricity distribution in England and Wales,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 458-485, July.
- David Hawdon & Lester C Hunt & Paul Levine & Neil Rickman, 2005. "Optimal sliding scale regulation: An application to regional electricity distribution in England and Wales," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 111, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Hawdon, David & Hunt, Lester & Levine, Paul L & Rickman, Neil, 2005. "Optimal Sliding Scale Regulation: An Application to Regional Electricity Distribution in England and Wales," CEPR Discussion Papers 4934, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Vincenzo Denicol?, 2013.
"Competition with Exclusive Contracts and Market-Share Discounts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2384-2411, October.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Denicolò, Vincenzo, 2009. "Competition with exclusive contracts and market-share discounts," CEPR Discussion Papers 7613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- van Vuuren, Daniel, 2002. "Optimal pricing in railway passenger transport: theory and practice in The Netherlands," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 95-106, April.
- World Bank, 2006. "Approaches to Private Participation in Water Services : A Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6982.
- David, L., 1999. "La reglementation par price cap: le cas du transport de gaz naturel au Royaume Uni," Cahiers du CREDEN (CREDEN Working Papers) 99.09.14, CREDEN (Centre de Recherche en Economie et Droit de l'Energie), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Michele Moretto & Paola Valbonesi, 2004. "Opting-out in profit-sharing regulation," Industrial Organization 0403001, EconWPA.
- Bruno Jullien & Claude Jessua, 1996. "L'impact des options extérieures sur les échanges en information asymétrique," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 437-446.
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:58:y:1995:i:1:p:33-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.