Antecedents to supplier integration in China: A partial least squares analysis
The aim of this paper is to identify antecedents to supplier integration in China. A deductive approach was deployed by building on a qualitative pre-study and various strands of SCM literature. All in all, 14 hypotheses were derived and subsequently tested by drawing on an empirical sample collected from 88 manufacturing firms operating in China. The data was then analyzed using partial least squares (PLS) analysis. The results indicated that supplier integration was positively influenced by collaborative supplier capabilities, continuous supplier development, and supplier quality mindset. These in turn proved to be sequentially influenced by supplier top management support, buyer-side leadership effectiveness and internal support.
Volume (Year): 141 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Peter K.C. & Humphreys, Paul K., 2007. "The role of Guanxi in supply management practices," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 450-467, April.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Marshall Fisher, 2000. "Supply Chain Inventory Management and the Value of Shared Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1032-1048, August.
- Wilson, Elizabeth J. & Vlosky, Richard P., 1997. "Partnering relationship activities: Building theory from case study research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 59-70, May.
- Humphreys, P. K. & Li, W. L. & Chan, L. Y., 2004. "The impact of supplier development on buyer-supplier performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 131-143, April.
- Eberhardt, Markus & McLaren, Julie & Millington, Andrew & Wilkinson, Barry, 2004. "Multiple Forces in Component Localisation in China," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 290-303, June.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-61, October.
- Pyke, David & Robb, David & Farley, John, 2000. "Manufacturing and supply chain management in China:: A survey of state-, collective-, and privately-owned enterprises," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 577-589, December.
- Robb, David J. & Xie, Bin & Arthanari, Tiru, 2008. "Supply chain and operations practice and performance in Chinese furniture manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 683-699, April.
- Hartley, Janet L. & Choi, Thomas Y., 1996. "Supplier development: Customers as a catalyst of process change," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 37-44.
- Bates, Hilary & Holweg, Matthias & Lewis, Michael & Oliver, Nick, 2007. "Motor vehicle recalls: Trends, patterns and emerging issues," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 202-210, April.
- Jarvis, Cheryl Burke & MacKenzie, Scott B & Podsakoff, Philip M, 2003. " A Critical Review of Construct Indicators and Measurement Model Misspecification in Marketing and Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 199-218, September.
- Talluri, Srinivas & Narasimhan, Ram, 2004. "A methodology for strategic sourcing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 236-250, April.
- Ringle, Christian M., 2006. "Segmentation for path models and unobserved heterogeneity: The finite mixture partial least squares approach," MPRA Paper 10734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Araz, Ceyhun & Ozkarahan, Irem, 2007. "Supplier evaluation and management system for strategic sourcing based on a new multicriteria sorting procedure," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 585-606, April.
- Yeung, Jeff Hoi Yan & Selen, Willem & Zhang, Min & Huo, Baofeng, 2009. "The effects of trust and coercive power on supplier integration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 66-78, July.
- Stefansson, Gunnar, 2002. "Business-to-business data sharing: A source for integration of supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1-2), pages 135-146, January.
- Coltman, Tim & Devinney, Timothy M. & Midgley, David F. & Venaik, Sunil, 2008. "Formative versus reflective measurement models: Two applications of formative measurement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(12), pages 1250-1262, December.
- Bidault, Francis & Despres, Charles & Butler, Christina, 1998. "The drivers of cooperation between buyers and suppliers for product innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 719-732, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:141:y:2013:i:1:p:295-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.