Adoption of precision farming tools: A context-related analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gow, Hamish R. & Oliver, Lance D. & Gow, Neil G., 2002. "Co-Operating To Compete In High Velocity Global Markets: The Strategic Role Of Flexible Supply Chain Architectures," 2002: WCC-72 Annual Meeting, June 23-25, 2002, Las Vegas, Nevada 16611, WERA-72 (formerly WCC-72): Western Education\Extension and Research Activities Committee on Agribusiness.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962.
"Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis,"
NBER Chapters, in: Investment in Human Beings, pages 9-49,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Daberkow, Stan G. & McBride, William D., 1998. "Socioeconomic Profiles of Early Adopters of Precision Agriculture Technologies," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 16(2), pages 1-18.
- Darren Hudson & Diane Hite, 2003. "Producer Willingness to Pay for Precision Application Technology: Implications for Government and the Technology Industry," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 51(1), pages 39-53, March.
- Paxton, Kenneth W. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Chintawar, Sachin & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Marra, Michele C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Reeves, Jeanne M. , 2011.
"Intensity of Precision Agriculture Technology Adoption by Cotton Producers,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), pages 1-12, April.
- Paxton, Kenneth W. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Chintawar, Sachin & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Marra, Michele C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Reeves, Jeanne M. , 2011. "Intensity of Precision Agriculture Technology Adoption by Cotton Producers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 133-144, April.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Gow, Hamish R. & Oliver, Lance D. & Gow, Neil G., 2002. "Co-Operating To Compete In High Velocity Global Markets: The Strategic Role Of Flexible Supply Chain Architectures," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19859, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985.
"Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard & Zilberman, David, 1984. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," CUDARE Working Papers 201089, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Kassie, Menale & Jaleta, Moti & Shiferaw, Bekele & Mmbando, Frank & Mekuria, Mulugetta, 2013. "Adoption of interrelated sustainable agricultural practices in smallholder systems: Evidence from rural Tanzania," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 525-540.
- McBride, William D. & Daberkow, Stan G., 2003. "Information And The Adoption Of Precision Farming Technologies," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 21(1), pages 1-18.
- Gerard McElwee, 2008. "A taxonomy of entrepreneurial farmers," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(3), pages 465-478.
- Gerard McElwee & Rob Smith, 2012. "Classifying the strategic capability of farmers: a segmentation framework," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(2), pages 111-131.
- ., 2016. "Cultural context," Chapters, in: Innovation and Culture in Public Services, chapter 4, pages 42-74, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Edward Kai Fung Dang & Robert W.P. Luk & James Allan, 2016. "A context-dependent relevance model," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 67(3), pages 582-593, March.
- Athanasios Balafoutis & Bert Beck & Spyros Fountas & Jurgen Vangeyte & Tamme Van der Wal & Iria Soto & Manuel Gómez-Barbero & Andrew Barnes & Vera Eory, 2017. "Precision Agriculture Technologies Positively Contributing to GHG Emissions Mitigation, Farm Productivity and Economics," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-28, July.
- Lambert, Dayton M. & Paudel, Krishna P. & Larson, James A., 2015. "Bundled Adoption of Precision Agriculture Technologies by Cotton Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 1-21, May.
- Suela Bylykbashi & Khalil Assala & Gilles Roehrich, 2016. "Entrepreneurship and innovation in a competition context," Post-Print hal-02014647, HAL.
- Olivier Crevoisier, 2014.
"Beyond Territorial Innovation Models: The Pertinence of the Territorial Approach,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(3), pages 551-561, March.
- Olivier Crevoisier, 2011. "Beyond Territorial Innovation Models: The Pertinence of the Territorial Approach," GRET Publications and Working Papers 10-11, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Faber, Albert & Hoppe, Thomas, 2013. "Co-constructing a sustainable built environment in the Netherlands—Dynamics and opportunities in an environmental sectoral innovation system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 628-638.
- Kuehne, Geoff & Llewellyn, Rick & Pannell, David J. & Wilkinson, Roger & Dolling, Perry & Ouzman, Jackie & Ewing, Mike, 2017. "Predicting farmer uptake of new agricultural practices: A tool for research, extension and policy," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 115-125.
- Ashok Mishra & Christine Wilson & Robert Williams, 2009. "Factors affecting financial performance of new and beginning farmers," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 69(2), pages 160-179, July.
- Hamed Taherdoost, 2016. "Sampling Methods in Research Methodology; How to Choose a Sampling Technique for Research," Post-Print hal-02546796, HAL.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yari Vecchio & Felice Adinolfi & Claudia Albani & Luca Bartoli & Marcello De Rosa, 2020. "Boosting Sustainable Innovation in Densely Populated Areas: A Milieux Innovateurs Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-15, November.
- Friedrich Rübcke von Veltheim & Heinke Heise, 2021. "German Farmers’ Attitudes on Adopting Autonomous Field Robots: An Empirical Survey," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-19, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Barnes, A.P. & Soto, I. & Eory, V. & Beck, B. & Balafoutis, A. & Sánchez, B. & Vangeyte, J. & Fountas, S. & van der Wal, T. & Gómez-Barbero, M., 2019. "Exploring the adoption of precision agricultural technologies: A cross regional study of EU farmers," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 163-174.
- Alessandra Faggian & Mark Partridge & Edward J. Malecki, 2017.
"Creating an Environment for Economic Growth: Creativity, Entrepreneurship or Human Capital?,"
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1009, November.
- Faggian, Alessandra & Partridge, Mark & Malecki, Ed, 2016. "Creating an environment for economic growth: creativity, entrepreneurship or human capital?," MPRA Paper 71445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prof. Dr. Adem KALCA & Resc. Assist. Atakan DURMAZ, 2012. "Diaspora As The Instrument Of Humane Capital," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 2(5), pages 94-104, October.
- Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Gerber, Nicolas & Matz, Julia Anna, 2018. "Gendered Social Networks, Agricultural Innovations, and Farm Productivity in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 321-335.
- Teixeira, Aurora A.C. & Tavares-Lehmann, Ana Teresa, 2014. "Human capital intensity in technology-based firms located in Portugal: Does foreign ownership matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 737-748.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm & Ding Ding & Per Thulin, 2018.
"The knowledge spillover theory of intrapreneurship,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 1-30, June.
- Zoltan Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2009. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David B. Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2015. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Chapters, in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 7, pages 129-144, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann, 2013. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 757-774, December.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 5326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acs, Zoltan & Audrestch, David & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2007. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 77, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-27, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Ron Boschma & Rikard H. Eriksson & Urban Lindgren, 2014.
"Labour Market Externalities and Regional Growth in Sweden: The Importance of Labour Mobility between Skill-Related Industries,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(10), pages 1669-1690, October.
- Ron Boschma & Rikard Eriksson & Urban Lindgren, 2013. "Labour market externalities and regional growth in Sweden: The importance of labour mobility between skill-related industries," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1318, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Oct 2013.
- Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry, survival and growth,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 455-488, June.
- Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the Process of Firms’ Entry, Survival and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2475, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Matthias Dütsch & Olaf Struck, 2014. "Employment trajectories in Germany: do firm characteristics and regional disparities matter? [Erwerbsverläufe in Deutschland: Zur Bedeutung betrieblicher Charakteristika und regionaler Disparitäten," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 47(1), pages 107-127, March.
- Ana Teresa Tavares & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2005. "Human Capital Intensity in Technology-Based Firms Located in Portugal: Do Foreign Multinationals Make a Difference?," FEP Working Papers 187, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2013. "Mediterraneo: migrazioni e sviluppo economico [Mediterranean: migrations and economic development]," MPRA Paper 72745, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harashima, Taiji, 2009. "A Theory of Total Factor Productivity and the Convergence Hypothesis: Workers’ Innovations as an Essential Element," MPRA Paper 15508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gonçalo Brás & Elias Soukiazis, 2015. "The Determinants of Entrepreneurship at the Country Level: A Panel Data Approach," GEMF Working Papers 2015-14, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- José Luis Torres Chacon, 2015.
"Introduction to Dynamic Macroeconomic General Equilibrium Models,"
Vernon Press Titles in Economics,
Vernon Art and Science Inc,
edition 2, number 54, July.
- José Luis Torres Chacon, 2014. "Introduction to Dynamic Macroeconomic General Equilibrium Models," Vernon Press Titles in Economics, Vernon Art and Science Inc, edition 1, number 18, July.
- Ali, Jabir, 2011. "Adoption of Mass Media Information for Decision-Making Among Vegetable Growers in Uttar Pradesh," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 66(2), pages 1-14.
- Jorge Durán & Alexandra Rillaers, 2002. "Physical And Human Capital Investment: Relative Substitutes In The Endogenous Growth Process," Working Papers. Serie AD 2002-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Hugo Erken & Piet Donselaar & Roy Thurik, 2018.
"Total factor productivity and the role of entrepreneurship,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 43(6), pages 1493-1521, December.
- Hugo Erken & Piet Donselaar & Roy Thurik, 0000. "Total Factor Productivity and the Role of Entrepreneurship," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-034/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hugo Erken & Piet Donselaar & Roy Thurik, 2008. "Total factor productivity and the role of entrepreneurship," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-019, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Marwa Sahnoun & Chokri Abdennadher, 2020. "Education and Corruption: a Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 11(3), pages 968-981, September.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2010.
"Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 35-69, March.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2005. "Learning about a new technology: pineapple in Ghana," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Conley, Timothy G. & Udry, Christopher R., 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple In Ghana," Center Discussion Papers 28400, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Conley, T.G. & Udry, C.R., 2000. "Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Papers 817, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Working Papers 817, Economic Growth Center, Yale University, revised May 2004.
- Konstantinos Chatzimichael & Margarita Genius & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2015. "Health-Damaging Inputs, Workers' Health Status and Productivity Measurement," Working Papers 1505, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsPrecision agriculture; AKAP sequence; Entrepreneurial profile; Complexity;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:lauspo:v:94:y:2020:i:c:s0264837719313511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joice Jiang). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/land-use-policy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.