Development density, administrative decisions, and land values: An empirical investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulan, Laarni & Mayer, Christopher & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2009.
"Irreversible investment, real options, and competition: Evidence from real estate development,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 237-251, May.
- Laarni Bulan & Christopher Mayer & C. Tsuriel Somerville, "undated". "Irreversible Investment, Real Options, and Competition: Evidence from Real Estate Development," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 391, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Laarni Bulan & Christopher J. Mayer & C. Tsuriel Somerville, 2006. "Irreversible Investment, Real Options, and Competition: Evidence from Real Estate Development," NBER Working Papers 12486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Foryś Iwona & Putek–Szeląg Ewa, 2015. "The Influence Of Planning Decisions Regarding Land Evaluation Based On A Selected Local Real Estate Market," Real Estate Management and Valuation, Sciendo, vol. 23(4), pages 62-73, December.
- Lee, Tan & Jou, Jyh-Bang, 2007. "The regulation of optimal development density," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 21-36, March.
- Zipp, Katherine Y. & Lewis, David J. & Provencher, Bill, 2017. "Does the conservation of land reduce development? An econometric-based landscape simulation with land market feedbacks," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 19-37.
- Robert Grovenstein & James Kau & Henry Munneke, 2011. "Development Value: A Real Options Approach Using Empirical Data," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 321-335, October.
- Alexander Reichardt & Franz Fuerst & Nico B. Rottke & Joachim Zietz, 2012. "Sustainable Building Certification and the Rent Premium: A Panel Data Approach," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 34(1), pages 99-126.
- Ron Cheung & Keith Ihlanfeldt & Tom Mayock, 2009. "The Incidence of the Land Use Regulatory Tax," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 675-704, December.
- Krajewska Małgorzata & Źróbek Sabina & Kovač Maruška Šubic, 2014. "The Role of Spatial Planning in the Investment Process in Poland and Slovenia," Real Estate Management and Valuation, Sciendo, vol. 22(2), pages 1-15, July.
- Asabere, Paul K. & Huffman, Forrest E., 2001. "Building Permit Policy and Land Price Distortions: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 59-68, March.
- Zygmunt, Robert & Gluszak, Michal, 2015. "Forest proximity impact on undeveloped land values: A spatial hedonic study," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 82-89.
- Anas, Alex, 1978. "Dynamics of urban residential growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 66-87, January.
- Capozza, Dennis R. & Helsley, Robert W., 1989. "The fundamentals of land prices and urban growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 295-306, November.
- Dennis Epple & Brett Gordon & Holger Sieg, 2010. "A New Approach to Estimating the Production Function for Housing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 905-924, June.
- David A. Newburn & Jeffrey S. Ferris, 2016. "The Effect of Downzoning for Managing Residential Development and Density," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 92(2), pages 220-236.
- Kono, Tatsuhito & Joshi, Kirti Kusum, 2012. "A new interpretation on the optimal density regulations: Closed and open city," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 223-234.
- Jyh-Bang Jou & Tan (Charlene) Lee, 2015. "How Do Density Ceiling Controls Affect Housing Prices and Urban Boundaries?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 219-241, February.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- John M. Quigley & Steven Raphael & Larry A. Rosenthal, 2004.
"Local Land-use Controls and Demographic Outcomes in a Booming Economy,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(2), pages 389-421, February.
- Quigley, John M. & Raphael, Steven & Rosenthal, Larry A., 2004. "Local Land Use Controls and Demographic Outcomes in a Booming Economy," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt4hm300n7, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Barr, Jason & Cohen, Jeffrey P., 2014. "The floor area ratio gradient: New York City, 1890–2009," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 110-119.
- Sunding, David L. & Swoboda, Aaron M., 2010. "Hedonic analysis with locally weighted regression: An application to the shadow cost of housing regulation in Southern California," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 550-573, November.
- McDonald, John F. & Bowman, H. Woods, 1979. "Land value functions: A reevaluation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 25-41, January.
- Huimin Yao & Frederik Pretorius, 2014. "Demand Uncertainty, Development Timing and Leasehold Land Valuation: Empirical Testing of Real Options in Residential Real Estate Development," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 42(4), pages 829-868, December.
- Kok, Nils & Monkkonen, Paavo & Quigley, John M., 2014. "Land use regulations and the value of land and housing: An intra-metropolitan analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 136-148.
- Arnott, Richard J & Lewis, Frank D, 1979. "The Transition of Land to Urban Use," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 161-169, February.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2003. "The impact of building restrictions on housing affordability," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 21-39.
- Richard F. Muth, 1964. "The Derived Demand Curve Fora Productive Factor And The Industrysupply Curve," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 221-234.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kahle, Christoph & Seifert, Stefan & Hüttel, Silke, 2019. "Price dispersion in farmland markets: What is the role of asymmetric information?," FORLand Working Papers 11 (2019), Humboldt University Berlin, DFG Research Unit 2569 FORLand "Agricultural Land Markets – Efficiency and Regulation".
- Hu, Lirong & He, Shenjing & Han, Zixuan & Xiao, He & Su, Shiliang & Weng, Min & Cai, Zhongliang, 2019. "Monitoring housing rental prices based on social media:An integrated approach of machine-learning algorithms and hedonic modeling to inform equitable housing policies," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 657-673.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Han, Wenjing & Zhang, Xiaoling & Zheng, Xian, 2020. "Land use regulation and urban land value: Evidence from China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C).
- Jacek Batóg & Iwona Foryś & Radosław Gaca & Michał Głuszak & Jan Konowalczuk, 2019. "Investigating the Impact of Airport Noise and Land Use Restrictions on House Prices: Evidence from Selected Regional Airports in Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-18, January.
- Jean Cavailhes & Mohamed Hilal & Pierre Wavresky, 2013. "A new real option value due to "demographic risk" in the market for developable land," Post-Print hal-00939785, HAL.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2015. "Urban Land Use," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: Gilles Duranton & J. V. Henderson & William C. Strange (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 467-560, Elsevier.
- Trojanek, Radoslaw & Huderek-Glapska, Sonia, 2018. "Measuring the noise cost of aviation â€“ The association between the Limited Use Area around Warsaw Chopin Airport and property values," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 103-114.
- Frame, David, 2013. "Saving and consumption in cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 111-124.
- Carmen Carrión-Flores & Elena G. Irwin, 2017. "A fixed effects logit model of rural land conversion and zoning," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 58(1), pages 181-208, January.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2017.
"Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 99(4), pages 663-677, July.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," CESifo Working Paper Series 5855, CESifo.
- Brueckner, Jan & Fu, Shihe & Gu, Yizhen & Zhang, Junfu, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," MPRA Paper 70289, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shihe Fu, 2017. "Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits," Working Papers 2017-10-16, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Chen, Zhongfei, 2014. "The housing market in Beijing and delays in sales: A fractional polynomial survival model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 296-300.
- Or Levkovich & Jan Rouwendal, 2016. "Spatial Planning and Segmentation of the Land Market," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-018/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Douglas H. Wrenn & H. Allen Klaiber & David A. Newburn, 2017.
"Confronting Price Endogeneity in a Duration Model of Residential Subdivision Development,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(3), pages 661-682, April.
- Wrenn, Douglas H. & Klaiber, H. Allen & Newburn, David A., 2015. "Confronting Price Endogeneity in a Duration Model of Residential Subdivision Development," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205556, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Felipe Encinas & Carlos Aguirre & Carlos Marmolejo-Duarte, 2018. "Sustainability Attributes in Real Estate Development: Private Perspectives on Advancing Energy Regulation in a Liberalized Market," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Feichtinger, Paul & Salhofer, Klaus, 2013. "What Do We Know about the Influence of Agricultural Support on Agricultural Land Prices?," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 62(02), pages 1-15, May.
- Feichtinger, Paul & Salhofer, Klaus, 2013. "What Do We Know about the Influence of Agricultural Support on Agricultural Land Prices?," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 62(2).
- Czyżewski, Bazyli & Trojanek, Radosław, 2016. "Drivers of agricultural land prices in terms of different functions of rural areas in Poland," Problems of Agricultural Economics / Zagadnienia Ekonomiki Rolnej 249742, Institute of Agricultural and Food Economics - National Research Institute (IAFE-NRI).
- Nicolai V. Kuminoff & V. Kerry Smith & Christopher Timmins, 2010. "The New Economics of Equilibrium Sorting and its Transformational Role for Policy Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 16349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeanty, Pierre Wilner & Kraybill, David S. & Libby, Lawrence W. & Sohngen, Brent, 2002. "Effects Of Local Development Pressure On Land Prices: A Spatial Economic Approach," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19767, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alan T. K. Wan & Shangyu Xie & Yong Zhou, 2017. "A varying coefficient approach to estimating hedonic housing price functions and their quantiles," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(11), pages 1979-1999, August.
- Dachary-Bernard, Jeanne & Rambonilaza, Tina & Lemarié-Boutry, Marie, 2014. "The response of land markets to flood protection and flood experience: a hedonic price modeling on the Gironde estuary (France)," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169761, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Liao, Wen-Chi & Wang, Xizhu, 2012. "Hedonic house prices and spatial quantile regression," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 16-27.
More about this item
KeywordsDensity; Development; Land use; Hedonic model; Planning risk; Land prices;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:lauspo:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:153-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joice Jiang). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/land-use-policy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.