New evidence of salary discrimination in major league baseball
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Simmons & David Berri, 2005. "Race and evaluation of signal callers in the National Football League," IASE Conference Papers 0511, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Clark Nardinelli & Curtis Simon, 1990. "Customer Racial Discrimination in the Market for Memorabilia: The Case of Baseball," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 575-595.
- Anthony C. Krautmann & Margaret Oppenheimer, 2002. "Contract Length and the Return to Performance in Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 6-17, February.
- Barton Hughes Hamilton, 1997. "Racial discrimination and professional basketball salaries in the 1990s," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 287-296.
- Robert Mogull, 1975. "Salary discrimination in major league baseball," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 269-279, March.
- Krautmann, Anthony C, 1999. "What's Wrong with Scully-Estimates of a Player's Marginal Revenue Product," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 369-381, April.
- Anthony C. Krautmann & Elizabeth Gustafson & Lawrence Hadley, 2003. "A Note on the Structural Stability of Salary Equations," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 4(1), pages 56-63, February.
- Michael A. Leeds & Sandra Kowalewski, 2001. "Winner Take All in the NFL," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(3), pages 244-256, August.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- AC. Krautmann & E. Gustafson & L. Hadley, 2000. "Who pays for minor league training costs?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 37-47, January.
- Donald J. Cymrot, 1985. "Does Competition Lessen Discrimination? Some Evidence," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(4), pages 605-612.
- Depken II, Craig A. & Ford, Jon M., 2006. "Customer-based discrimination against major league baseball players: Additional evidence from All-star ballots," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1061-1077, December.
- Hanssen, F Andrew & Andersen, Torben, 1999. "Has Discrimination Lessened over Time? A Test Using Baseball's All-Star Vote," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 326-352, April.
- Matthew C. Palmer & Randall H. King, 2006. "Has Salary Discrimination Really Disappeared From Major League Baseball?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 285-297, Spring.
- Cymrot, Donald J, 1983. "Migration Trends and Earnings of Free Agents in Major League Baseball, 1976-1979," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(4), pages 545-556, October.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
- Reinhard Hujer & Bernd Fitzenberger & Reinhold Schnabel & Thomas E. MaCurdy, 2001. "Testing for uniform wage trends in West-Germany: A cohort analysis using quantile regressions for censored data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 41-86.
- Fred A. Bellemore, 2001. "Racial and Ethnic Employment Discrimination," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(4), pages 356-368, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David J. Berri & Brad R. Humphreys & Robert Simmons, 2013. "Valuing the blind side: pay and performance of offensive linemen in the National Football League," Chapters,in: The Econometrics of Sport, chapter 6, pages 99-114 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Berlinschi, Ruxanda & Schokkaert, Jeroen & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"When drains and gains coincide: Migration and international football performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 1-14.
- Ruxanda Berlinschi & Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2010. "When Drains and Gains Coincide: Migration and International Football Performance," LICOS Discussion Papers 26510, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Koning Ruud H. & Maennig Wolfgang, 2012. "Guest Editorial," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(3), pages 204-209, June.
- Joshua Pitts & Daniel Yost, 2013. "Racial Position Segregation in Intercollegiate Football: Do Players become more Racially Segregated as they Transition from High School to College?," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 207-230, June.
- Johnny Ducking & Peter Groothuis & James Hill, 2015.
"Exit Discrimination in the NFL: A Duration Analysis of Career Length,"
The Review of Black Political Economy,
Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 285-299, September.
- Peter A. Groothuis & J. Richard Hill, 2004. "Exit Discrimination in the NBA: A Duration Analysis of Career Length," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 341-349, April.
- Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis & James Richard Hill, 2013. "Exit Discrimination in the NFL: A Duration Analysis of Career Length," Working Papers 13-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Craig A. Depken II & Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis, 2015. "Career Duration in the NHL: Bias against Europeans?," Working Papers 15-09, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
More about this item
KeywordsSalary discrimination Baseball MLB Quantile regression;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:18:y:2011:i:3:p:320-331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .