The measurement of pay discrimination between job assignments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grant, James H & Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1981.
"Labor Market Competition among Youths, White Women and Others,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 354-360, August.
- James H. Grant & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1980. "Labor Market Competition among Youths, White Women, and Others," NBER Working Papers 0519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kahn, Lawrence M, 1991. "Customer Discrimination and Affirmative Action," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 555-571, July.
- Finis Welch, 1967. "Labor-Market Discrimination: An Interpretation of Income Differences in the Rural South," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 225-225.
- Borjas, George J, 1986.
"The Sensitivity of Labor Demand Functions to Choice of Dependent Variable,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 58-66, February.
- George J. Borjas, 1985. "The Sensitivity of Labor Demand Functions to Choice of Dependent Variable," NBER Working Papers 1624, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G. Reza Arabsheibani & Alan Marin & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2005.
"Gay Pay in the UK,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 72(286), pages 333-347, May.
- Arabsheibani, G. Reza & Alan Marin & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2002. "Gays' Pay in the UK," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 8, Royal Economic Society.
- Reza Arabsheibani & A Marin & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2006. "Gay Pay in the UK," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 201, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hashimoto, Masanori & Kochin, Levis, 1980. "A Bias in the Statistical Estimation of the Effects of Discrimination," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 478-486, July.
- Altonji, Joseph G. & Blank, Rebecca M., 1999. "Race and gender in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 48, pages 3143-3259 Elsevier.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162.
- Cotton, Jeremiah, 1988. "On the Decomposition of Wage Differentials," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 236-243, May.
- Bodvarsson, Örn B. & Sessions, John G., 2008. "The Measurement of Racial Discrimination in Pay between Job Categories: Theory and Test," IZA Discussion Papers 3748, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Diewert, W E, 1971. "An Application of the Shephard Duality Theorem: A Generalized Leontief Production Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 481-507, May-June.
- Bodvarsson, Orn & Sessions, John, 2010. "Nationality Discrimination in the Labor Market:Theory and Test," Department of Economics Working Papers 19997, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Gauger, Jean, 1989. "The generated regressor correction: Impacts upon inferences in hypothesis testing," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 383-395.
- Gawande, Kishore, 1997. "Generated regressors in linear and nonlinear models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 119-126, February.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- repec:eid:wpaper:08/10 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bodvarsson, Őrn B. & Papps, Kerry L. & Sessions, John G., 2014.
"Cross-assignment discrimination in pay: A test case of major league baseball,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 84-95.
- Bodvarsson, Örn B. & Sessions, John G., 2011. "Cross-Assignment Discrimination in Pay: A Test Case of Major League Baseball," IZA Discussion Papers 5989, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsWage discrimination Complementarity Monopsony power;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:18:y:2011:i:3:p:297-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.