Petroleum royalties and regional development in Brazil: The economic growth of recipient towns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2002. "Natural resources, rent seeking and welfare," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 455-470, April.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2004.
"Does the "Resource Curse" hold for Growth in Genuine Income as Well?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1627-1640, October.
- Eric Neumayer, 2003. "Does the ‘Resource Curse’ hold for Growth in Genuine Income as well?," Others 0312002, EconWPA, revised 18 May 2004.
- Halvor Mehlum & Karl Moene & Ragnar Torvik, 2006.
"Institutions and the Resource Curse,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(508), pages 1-20, January.
- Halvor Mehlum & Karl Moene & Ragnar Torvik, 2002. "Institutions and the resource curse," GE, Growth, Math methods 0210004, EconWPA.
- Halvor Mehlum & Karl Moene & Ragnar Torvik, 2004. "Institutions and the Resource Curse," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_012, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl-Ove & Torvik, Ragnar, 2003. "Institutions and the resource curse," Memorandum 29/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Halvor Mehlum & Karl Moene & Ragnar Torvik, 2002. "Institutions and the resource curse," Development and Comp Systems 0210003, EconWPA.
- Robinson, James A. & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2006.
"Political foundations of the resource curse,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 447-468, April.
- Robinson, James A & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2002. "Political Foundations of the Resource Curse," CEPR Discussion Papers 3422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik & Thierry Verdier, 2003. "Politcal Foundations of the Resource Curse," DELTA Working Papers 2003-33, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Augusto, Carlos & Filho, Vilhena, 1997. "Brazil's mineral policy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 45-50, June.
- Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1995. "Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth," Papers 517a, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Claudio Bravo-Ortega & Jose De Gregorio, "undated".
"The Relative Richness of the Poor? Natural Resources, Human Capital and Economic Growth,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
139, Central Bank of Chile.
- Bravo-Ortega, Claudio & de Gregorio, Jose, 2005. "The relative richness of the poor? natural resources, human capital, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3484, The World Bank.
- Vicente, Pedro C., 2010.
"Does oil corrupt? Evidence from a natural experiment in West Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 28-38, May.
- Pedro C. Vicente, 2007. "Does Oil Corrupt? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in West Africa," Economics Series Working Papers 317, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens, 2006.
"Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-in-Differences Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(2), pages 431-497, March.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens, 2002. "Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-In-Differences Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susan Athey & Guido Imbens, 2003. "Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-in-Differences Models," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000079, David K. Levine.
- Atkinson, Giles & Hamilton, Kirk, 2003. "Savings, Growth and the Resource Curse Hypothesis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1793-1807, November.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 1999. "The big push, natural resource booms and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 43-76, June.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-974, December.
- John Hartwick, 1976. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," Working Papers 220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1997. "I Just Ran Two Million Regressions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 178-183, May.
- Slaughter, Matthew J., 2001. "Trade liberalization and per capita income convergence: a difference-in-differences analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 203-228, October.
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2004.
"The curse of natural resources in the transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 399-426, September.
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2002. "The Curse Of Natural Resources In The Transition Economies," Working Papers 241, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Kronenberg, Tobias, 2003. "The Curse Of Natural Resources In The Transition Economies," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T., 1995. "House Prices during Siting Decision Stages: The Case of an Incinerator from Rumor through Operation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-255, March.
- Davis, Graham A., 1995. "Learning to love the Dutch disease: Evidence from the mineral economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1765-1779, October.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:s1:p:42-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gadom Djal Gadom & Armand Mboutchouang Kountchou & Gbetoton Nad ge Ad le Djossou & Gilles Quentin Kane & Abdelkrim Araar, 2017. "The impact of oil exploitation on wellbeing in Chad," Working Papers PMMA 2017-06, PEP-PMMA.
- repec:cte:wbrepe:wb142304 is not listed on IDEAS
- Araujo Rodrigues, Larissa & Luís Sauer, Ildo, 2015. "Exploratory assessment of the economic gains of a pre-salt oil field in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 486-495.
- repec:col:000411:015720 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Carlos Ferreira Da Silva & Vander Mendes Lucas & Moisés De Andrade Resende Filho, 2014. "Royalties Do Petróleo E Eleições Municipais: O Caso Brasileiro," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41st Brazilian Economics Meeting] 078, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Restrepo Ochoa, Diana C. & Correia, Ricardo & Peña, Juan Ignacio & Población, Javier, 2015.
"Expropriation risk, investment decisions and economic sectors,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 326-342.
- Vaz Antunes Pereira Correia, José Ricardo & Peña Sánchez de Rivera, Juan Ignacio & Restrepo Ochoa, Diana Constanza & Población, Javier, 2014. "Expropriation risk, investment decisions and economic sectors," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb142309, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- repec:spa:wpaper:2014wpecon03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lauro Carnicelli & Fernando Antonio Slaibe Postali, 2014. "Oil windfalls and local fiscal effort: a propensity score analysis," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_03, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- repec:spr:minecn:v:30:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-017-0117-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aloise de Seabra, Alessandra & Khosrovyan, Alla & Del Valls, T. Angel & Polette, Marcus, 2015. "Management of pre-salt oil royalties: Wealth or poverty for Brazilian coastal zones as a result?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-8.
- Tiago P. Ferraz, 2016. "Benefit Sharing Exploring Water Resources in Brazil," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2016_13, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Postali, Fernando Antonio Slaibe & Nishijima, Marislei, 2013. "Oil windfalls in Brazil and their long-run social impacts," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 94-101.
More about this item
KeywordsRoyalties Difference-in-differences Petroleum rents;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:34:y:2009:i:4:p:205-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.