Accessibility gains and road transport infrastructure in Spain: A productivity approach based on the Malmquist index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2004.
"The empirics of agglomeration and trade,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 59, pages 2609-2669,
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2003. "The Empirics of Agglomeration and Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 3985, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thierry Mayer & Keith Head, 2003. "The Empirics of Agglomeration and Trade," Working Papers 2003-15, CEPII research center.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "The Empirics of Agglomeration and Trade," Post-Print hal-01027789, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "The Empirics of Agglomeration and Trade," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/10191, Sciences Po.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Deidda, Manuela & Pulina, Manuela, 2014. "Tourism and transport systems in mountain environments: analysis of the economic efficiency of cableways in South Tyrol," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-11.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 2008. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency and Productivity Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183528.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade, 2005.
"Transport costs: measures, determinants, and regional policy implications for France,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 319-349, June.
- Miren Lafourcade & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2005. "Transport Costs: Measures, Determinants and Regional Policy Implications for France," Post-Print halshs-00754078, HAL.
- Zofío, Jose L. & Condeço-Melhorado, Ana M. & Maroto-Sánchez, Andrés & Gutiérrez, Javier, 2014. "Generalized transport costs and index numbers: A geographical analysis of economic and infrastructure fundamentals," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 141-157.
- Ison, Stephen & Francis, Graham & Humphreys, Ian & Page, Richard, 2011. "UK regional airport commercialisation and privatisation: 25years on," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1341-1349.
- Ortega, Emilio & López, Elena & Monzón, Andrés, 2014. "Territorial cohesion impacts of high-speed rail under different zoning systems," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 16-24.
- Álvarez, Inmaculada & Barbero, Javier & Zofío, Jose Luis, 2016. "A Data Envelopment Analysis Toolbox for MATLAB," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2016/03, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Simone Gitto & Paolo Mancuso, 2015. "The contribution of physical and human capital accumulation to Italian regional growth: a nonparametric perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 1999. "Estimating and bootstrapping Malmquist indices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 459-471, June.
- Carlos Llano & Almudena Esteban & Julian PÃ©rez & Antonio Pulido, 2010. "Opening the Interregional Trade â€˜â€˜Black Boxâ€™â€™: The C-Intereg Database for the Spanish Economy (1995â€”2005)," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 33(3), pages 302-337, July.
- Roger Vickerman & Klaus Spiekermann & Michael Wegener, 1999. "Accessibility and Economic Development in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 1-15.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/10191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qin, Feifei & Zhang, Xiaoning & Zhou, Qiang, 2014. "Evaluating the impact of organizational patterns on the efficiency of urban rail transit systems in China," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 89-99.
- Behrens, Kristian & Lamorgese, Andrea R. & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Tabuchi, Takatoshi, 2007.
"Changes in transport and non-transport costs: Local vs global impacts in a spatial network,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 625-648, November.
- Kristian Behrens & Andrea R. Lamorgese & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano & Takatoshi Tabuchi, 2007. "Changes in transport and non transport costs: local vs. global impacts in a spatial network," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 628, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Halden, Derek, 2002. "Using accessibility measures to integrate land use and transport policy in Edinburgh and the Lothians," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 313-324, October.
- B J Linneker & N A Spence, 1992. "Accessibility measures compared in an analysis of the impact of the M25 London Orbital Motorway on Britain," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(8), pages 1137-1154, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui Xiao & Guofeng Wang & Meng Wang, 2018. "Transportation Disadvantage and Neighborhood Sociodemographics: A Composite Indicator Approach to Examining Social Inequalities," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 29-43, May.
- Houyem Zrelli & Abdullah H. Alsharif & Iskander Tlili, 2020. "Malmquist Indexes of Productivity Change in Tunisian Manufacturing Industries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-20, February.
- Wang, Chao & Lim, Ming K. & Zhang, Xinyi & Zhao, Longfeng & Lee, Paul Tae-Woo, 2020. "Railway and road infrastructure in the Belt and Road Initiative countries: Estimating the impact of transport infrastructure on economic growth," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 288-307.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity change; Malmquist indices; Distance functions; Accessibility; Transport costs;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jotrge:v:52:y:2016:i:c:p:143-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-transport-geography .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.