A delayed demand supply chain: Incentives for upstream players
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Terry A. Taylor & Wenqiang Xiao, 2010. "Does a Manufacturer Benefit from Selling to a Better-Forecasting Retailer?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(9), pages 1584-1598, September.
- Hau L. Lee & Kut C. So & Christopher S. Tang, 2000. "The Value of Information Sharing in a Two-Level Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 626-643, May.
- Srinivasan Raghunathan, 2001. "Information Sharing in a Supply Chain: A Note on its Value when Demand Is Nonstationary," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(4), pages 605-610, April.
- Hosoda, Takamichi & Disney, Stephen M., 2009. "Impact of market demand mis-specification on a two-level supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 739-751, October.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 546-558, April.
- Julia Miyaoka & Warren H. Hausman, 2008. "How Improved Forecasts Can Degrade Decentralized Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 547-562, July.
- Fleisch, Elgar & Tellkamp, Christian, 2005. "Inventory inaccuracy and supply chain performance: a simulation study of a retail supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 373-385, March.
- Gavirneni, Srinagesh, 2006. "Price fluctuations, information sharing, and supply chain performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(3), pages 1651-1663, November.
- Disney, S. M. & Towill, D. R., 2003. "On the bullwhip and inventory variance produced by an ordering policy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 157-167, June.
- Hosoda, Takamichi & Disney, Stephen M., 2006. "On variance amplification in a three-echelon supply chain with minimum mean square error forecasting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 344-358, August.
- Garcia, C.A. & Ibeas, A. & Herrera, J. & Vilanova, R., 2012. "Inventory control for the supply chain: An adaptive control approach based on the identification of the lead-time," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 314-327.
- Anantaram Balakrishnan & Joseph Geunes & Michael S. Pangburn, 2004. "Coordinating Supply Chains by Controlling Upstream Variability Propagation," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 6(2), pages 163-183, July.
- Srinagesh Gavirneni, 2002. "Information Flows in Capacitated Supply Chains with Fixed Ordering Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 644-651, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chatfield, Dean C. & Pritchard, Alan M., 2013. "Returns and the bullwhip effect," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 159-175.
- Balachandran, Kashi R. & Wang, Hsiao-Wen & Li, Shu-Hsing & Wang, Taychang, 2013. "In-house capability and supply chain decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 473-484.
- Ali, Mohammad M. & Babai, Mohamed Zied & Boylan, John E. & Syntetos, A.A., 2017. "Supply chain forecasting when information is not shared," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(3), pages 984-994.
- Fang, Xin & Zhang, Cheng & Robb, David J. & Blackburn, Joseph D., 2013. "Decision support for lead time and demand variability reduction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 390-396.
- Hoberg, Kai & Thonemann, Ulrich W., 2014. "Modeling and analyzing information delays in supply chains using transfer functions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 132-145.
- Li, Xiang & Li, Yongjian & Cai, Xiaoqiang, 2012. "A note on the random yield from the perspective of the supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 601-610.
- Kovalyov, Mikhail Y. & Pesch, Erwin, 2014. "A game mechanism for single machine sequencing with zero risk," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 104-110.
- repec:eee:transe:v:110:y:2018:i:c:p:122-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Xun & Disney, Stephen M. & Wang, Jing, 2014. "Exploring the oscillatory dynamics of a forbidden returns inventory system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PA), pages 3-12.
More about this item
KeywordsInformation delay; Inventory; Manufacturing; Order-up-to policy; Stochastic process; Supply chain management; Time series; RFID;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:4:p:478-487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.