Decision support for lead time and demand variability reduction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bookbinder, James H. & Cakanyildirim, Metin, 1999. "Random lead times and expedited orders in (Q,r) inventory systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 300-313, June.
- Silver, Edward A. & Bischak, Diane P., 2011. "The exact fill rate in a periodic review base stock system under normally distributed demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 346-349, June.
- Hau L. Lee & Kut C. So & Christopher S. Tang, 2000. "The Value of Information Sharing in a Two-Level Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 626-643, May.
- Jayashankar M. Swaminathan & Sridhar R. Tayur, 2003. "Models for Supply Chains in E-Business," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(10), pages 1387-1406, October.
- Marshall Fisher & Kumar Rajaram & Ananth Raman, 2001. "Optimizing Inventory Replenishment of Retail Fashion Products," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 230-241, November.
- Wei Shi Lim, 2001. "Producer-Supplier Contracts with Incomplete Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 709-715, May.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 546-558, April.
- Chandra, Charu & Grabis, Janis, 2008. "Inventory management with variable lead-time dependent procurement cost," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 877-887, October.
- Silver, Edward A. & Robb, David J., 2008. "Some insights regarding the optimal reorder period in periodic review inventory systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 354-366, March.
- Hayya, Jack C. & Harrison, Terry P. & He, X. James, 2011. "The impact of stochastic lead time reduction on inventory cost under order crossover," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(2), pages 274-281, June.
- Gerchak, Yigal & Parlar, Mahmut, 1991. "Investing in reducing lead-time randomness in continuous-review inventory models," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 191-197, May.
- Hosoda, Takamichi & Disney, Stephen M., 2012. "A delayed demand supply chain: Incentives for upstream players," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 478-487.
- Sridhar Bashyam & Michael C. Fu, 1998. "Optimization of (s, S) Inventory Systems with Random Lead Times and a Service Level Constraint," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages 243-256, December.
- Garcia, C.A. & Ibeas, A. & Herrera, J. & Vilanova, R., 2012. "Inventory control for the supply chain: An adaptive control approach based on the identification of the lead-time," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 314-327.
- Wu, Jianghua & Zhai, Xin & Huang, Zhimin, 2008. "Incentives for information sharing in duopoly with capacity constraints," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 963-975, December.
- Silver, Edward A., 1992. "Changing the givens in modelling inventory problems: the example of just-in-time systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 347-351, February.
- Jing-Sheng Song & Candace A. Yano & Panupol Lerssrisuriya, 2000. "Contract Assembly: Dealing with Combined Supply Lead Time and Demand Quantity Uncertainty," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 287-296, July.
- He, Xin James & Kim, Jeon G. & Hayya, Jack C., 2005. "The cost of lead-time variability: The case of the exponential distribution," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 130-142, August.
- Paknejad, M. Javad & Nasri, Farrokh & Affisco, John F., 1992. "Lead-time variability reduction in stochastic inventory models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 311-322, November.
- Fu, Yonghui & Piplani, Rajesh, 2004. "Supply-side collaboration and its value in supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(1), pages 281-288, January.
- Ryu, Si Wook & Lee, Kyung Keun, 2003. "A stochastic inventory model of dual sourced supply chain with lead-time reduction," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 513-524, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transe:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:139-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tyworth, John E. & Saldanha, John, 2014. "The lead-time reliability paradox and inconsistent value-of-reliability estimates," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 76-85.
- Juan Manuel Izar Landeta & Carmen Berenice Ynzunza Cortés & Orlando Guarneros García, 2016. "Lead time demand variability, safety stock and the inventory cost," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 61(3), pages 499-513, Julio-Sep.
- Bandaly, Dia & Satir, Ahmet & Shanker, Latha, 2016. "Impact of lead time variability in supply chain risk management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 88-100.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:77:y:2018:i:c:p:58-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pedro Domingos Antoniolli, 2016. "Information Technology Framework for Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Demand Management: a Brazilian Case Study," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 13(2), pages 27-55, March.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:3:p:652-661 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Brent D. & Waller, Matthew A. & Ahire, Sanjay & Ferrier, Gary D., 2014. "Predicting retailer orders with POS and order data: The inventory balance effect," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 593-600.
- Heydari, Jafar & Mahmoodi, Mansour & Taleizadeh, Ata Allah, 2016. "Lead time aggregation: A three-echelon supply chain model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 215-233.
More about this item
KeywordsSupply chain management; Inventory; Decision analysis; Lead time; Marginal value;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:2:p:390-396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.