Optimizing Inventory Replenishment of Retail Fashion Products
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary D. Eppen & Ananth. V. Iyer, 1997. "Backup Agreements in Fashion Buying---The Value of Upstream Flexibility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1469-1484, November.
- Warren H. Hausman & Rein Peterson, 1972. "Multiproduct Production Scheduling for Style Goods with Limited Capacity, Forecast Revisions and Terminal Delivery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(7), pages 370-383, March.
- Hirofumi Matsuo, 1990. "A Stochastic Sequencing Problem for Style Goods with Forecast Revisions and Hierarchical Structure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 332-347, March.
- George R. Murray, Jr. & Edward A. Silver, 1966. "A Bayesian Analysis of the Style Goods Inventory Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(11), pages 785-797, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harish Krishnan & Roman Kapuscinski & David A. Butz, 2010. "Quick Response and Retailer Effort," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 962-977, June.
- Chung, Chia-Shin & Flynn, James & Kirca, Omer, 2008. "A multi-item newsvendor problem with preseason production and capacitated reactive production," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 188(3), pages 775-792, August.
- Patil, Rahul & Avittathur, Balram & Shah, Janat, 2010. "Supply chain strategies based on recourse model for very short life cycle products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 3-10, November.
- Caulkins, Jonathan P. & Hartl, Richard F. & Kort, Peter M. & Feichtinger, Gustav, 2007.
"Explaining fashion cycles: Imitators chasing innovators in product space,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1535-1556, May.
- Caulkins, J.P. & Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M. & Feichtinger, G., 2007. "Explaining fashion cycles : Imitators chasing innovators in product space," Other publications TiSEM dde09384-56b5-4b80-a718-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gérard P. Cachon & A. Gürhan Kök, 2007. "Implementation of the Newsvendor Model with Clearance Pricing: How to (and How Not to) Estimate a Salvage Value," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 276-290, October.
- Mostard, Julien & de Koster, Rene & Teunter, Ruud, 2005. "The distribution-free newsboy problem with resalable returns," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 329-342, September.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming & Chow, Pui-Sze, 2008. "Mean-variance analysis of Quick Response Program," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 456-475, August.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:647-653 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baruah, Pundarikaksha, 2006. "Supply Chains Facing Atypical Demand: Optimal Operational Policies And Benefits Under Information Sharing," MPRA Paper 16101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karakul, M., 2008. "Joint pricing and procurement of fashion products in the existence of clearance markets," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 487-506, August.
- Cheaitou, Ali & van Delft, Christian & Dallery, Yves & Jemai, Zied, 2009. "Two-period production planning and inventory control," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 118-130, March.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:237:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-013-1453-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Mostard, Julien & Teunter, Ruud & de Koster, René, 2011. "Forecasting demand for single-period products: A case study in the apparel industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(1), pages 139-147, May.
- Wanke, Peter F., 2008. "The uniform distribution as a first practical approach to new product inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 811-819, August.
- Li, Xiang & Li, Yongjian & Cai, Xiaoqiang, 2011. "On a multi-period supply chain system with supplementary order opportunity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(3), pages 273-284, March.
- Fang, Xin & Zhang, Cheng & Robb, David J. & Blackburn, Joseph D., 2013. "Decision support for lead time and demand variability reduction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 390-396.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:188:y:2017:i:c:p:128-138 is not listed on IDEAS
- Serel, Dogan A., 2009. "Optimal ordering and pricing in a quick response system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 700-714, October.
- Kirthi Kalyanam & Sharad Borle & Peter Boatwright, 2007. "Deconstructing Each Item's Category Contribution," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 327-341, 05-06.
- Ananth V. Iyer & Vinayak Deshpande & Zhengping Wu, 2003. "A Postponement Model for Demand Management," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(8), pages 983-1002, August.
More about this item
KeywordsRetailing; Inventory Replenishment; Stochastic Dynamic Programming; Heuristics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:3:y:2001:i:3:p:230-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.