Lower-rated publications do lower academics’ judgments of publication lists: Evidence from a survey experiment of economists
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John P. Conley & Mario J. Crucini & Robert A. Driskill & Ali Sina Önder, 2013. "The Effects Of Publication Lags On Life-Cycle Research Productivity In Economics," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(2), pages 1251-1276, April.
- Wijeyakulasuriya D. A. & Wickremasinghe W. N., 2015. "Measuring Extreme Market Risk: The Sri Lankan Context," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 185-201, July.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Denis Bouyssou & Thierry Marchant, 2011.
"Ranking scientists and departments in a consistent manner,"
Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(9), pages 1761-1769, September.
- Denis Bouyssou & Thierry Marchant, 2011. "Ranking scientists and departments in a consistent manner," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(9), pages 1761-1769, September.
- Denis Bouyssou & Thierry Marchant, 2011. "Ranking scientists and departments in a consistent manner," Post-Print hal-02359808, HAL.
- Denis Bouyssou & Thierry Marchant, 2011. "Ranking scientists and departments in a consistent manner," Post-Print hal-00606931, HAL.
- Kyle Jurado & Sydney C. Ludvigson & Serena Ng, 2015. "Measuring Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(3), pages 1177-1216, March.
- Gaut, Fred, 2015. "Measuring innovation in all sectors of the economy," MERIT Working Papers 2015-038, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- David Card & Stefano DellaVigna, 2013. "Nine Facts about Top Journals in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(1), pages 144-161, March.
- Kalaitzidakis, P. & Mamuneas, T.P. & Stengos, T., 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions," Working Papers 2003-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Steve Swidler & Elizabeth Goldreyer, 1998. "The Value of a Finance Journal Publication," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 351-363, February.
- ., 2015. "Legal measures for finalizing bargains," Chapters, in: Joint Venture Strategies, chapter 9, pages 132-143, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Linnemer, Laurent & Visser, Michael, 2008.
"Publish or peer-rich? The role of skills and networks in hiring economics professors,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 423-441, June.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer & Michael Visser, 2006. "Publish or peer-rich ? The role of skills and networks in hiring economics professors," Research Unit Working Papers 0604, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Kahn, Shulamit, 1993. "Gender Differences in Academic Career Paths of Economists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 52-56, May.
- J. C. R. Alcantud & R. Andrés Calle & J. M. Cascón, 2015. "Pairwise Dichotomous Cohesiveness Measures," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 24(5), pages 833-854, September.
- Němec Daniel, 2015. "Measuring Inefficiency of the Czech Labour Market," Review of Economic Perspectives, Sciendo, vol. 15(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- OLIVIER CADOT & Lili Yan Ing, 2015. "Non-Tariff Measures: Not All that Bad," Working Papers PB-2015-02, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Paul W. Grimes & Charles A. Register, 1997. "Career Publications and Academic Job Rank: Evidence from the Class of 1968," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 82-92, March.
- A. Nifo & G. Vecchione, 2015. "Measuring Institutional Quality in Italy," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1-2, pages 157-182.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsLower ranked journals; Publication; Judgment bias; Less-is-better effect;
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- M5 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:66:y:2018:i:c:p:33-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.