Impact of Lower Rated Journals on Economists' Judgments of Publication Lists: Evidence from a Survey Experiment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nattavudh Powdthavee & Yohanes E. Riyanto & Jack L. Knetsch, 2017. "Impact of Lower Rated Journals on Economists' Judgments of Publication Lists: Evidence from a Survey Experiment," PIER Discussion Papers 63, Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Jul 2017.
References listed on IDEAS
- John P. Conley & Mario J. Crucini & Robert A. Driskill & Ali Sina Önder, 2013. "The Effects Of Publication Lags On Life-Cycle Research Productivity In Economics," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(2), pages 1251-1276, April.
- Andrew J. Oswald, 2007.
"An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-Makers,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 21-31, February.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-makers," IZA Discussion Papers 2070, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-makers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 744, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Linnemer, Laurent & Visser, Michael, 2008.
"Publish or peer-rich? The role of skills and networks in hiring economics professors,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 423-441, June.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer & Michael Visser, 2006. "Publish or peer-rich ? The role of skills and networks in hiring economics professors," Research Unit Working Papers 0604, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Kahn, Shulamit, 1993. "Gender Differences in Academic Career Paths of Economists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 52-56, May.
- Arthur E. Attema & Werner B.F. Brouwer & Job Van Exel, 2014. "Your Right Arm For A Publication In Aer?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 495-502, January.
- David Card & Stefano DellaVigna, 2013. "Nine Facts about Top Journals in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(1), pages 144-161, March.
- Paul W. Grimes & Charles A. Register, 1997. "Career Publications and Academic Job Rank: Evidence from the Class of 1968," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 82-92, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How to Count Citations If You Must
by firstname.lastname@example.org (David Stern) in Stochastic Trend on 2018-01-06 05:23:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:ecogov:v:19:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10101-017-0200-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslower ranked journals; publication; judgment bias; less-is-better effect; resume;
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2017-05-21 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2017-05-21 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOG-2017-05-21 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10752. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .