Breaking (or making) the silence: How goal interdependence and social skill predict being ostracized
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Evans, Martin G., 1985. "A Monte Carlo study of the effects of correlated method variance in moderated multiple regression analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 305-323, December.
- Li, Jiatao & Xin, Katherine R. & Tsui, Anne & Hambrick, Donald C., 1999. "Building effective international joint venture leadership teams in China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 52-68, April.
- Kay, Aaron C. & Wheeler, S. Christian & Bargh, John A. & Ross, Lee, 2004. "Material priming: The influence of mundane physical objects on situational construal and competitive behavioral choice," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 83-96, September.
- Brown, Douglas J. & Ferris, D. Lance & Heller, Daniel & Keeping, Lisa M., 2007. "Antecedents and consequences of the frequency of upward and downward social comparisons at work," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 59-75, January.
- Yi Feng Chen & Dean Tjosvold, 2006. "Participative Leadership by American and Chinese Managers in China: The Role of Relationships," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(8), pages 1727-1752, December.
- Alper, Steve & Tjosvold, Dean & Law, Kenneth S., 1998. "Interdependence and Controversy in Group Decision Making: Antecedents to Effective Self-Managing Teams," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 33-52, April.
- Lance, Charles E. & Vandenberg, Robert J. & Self, Robin M., 2000. "Latent Growth Models of Individual Change: The Case of Newcomer Adjustment," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 107-140, September.
- Dean Tjosvold & Zi‐you Yu & Chun Hui, 2004. "Team Learning from Mistakes: The Contribution of Cooperative Goals and Problem‐Solving," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7), pages 1223-1245, November.
- Long‐Zeng Wu & Frederick Hong‐kit Yim & Ho Kwong Kwan & Xiaomeng Zhang, 2012. "Coping with Workplace Ostracism: The Roles of Ingratiation and Political Skill in Employee Psychological Distress," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 178-199, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lance Ferris, D. & Fatimah, Shereen & Yan, Ming & Liang, Lindie H. & Lian, Huiwen & Brown, Douglas J., 2019. "Being sensitive to positives has its negatives: An approach/avoidance perspective on reactivity to ostracism," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 138-149.
More about this item
KeywordsOstracism; Goal interdependence; Social skill; Relationship conflict;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:131:y:2015:i:c:p:51-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.