A prediction comparison of housing sales prices by parametric versus semi-parametric regressions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John M. Clapp & Hyon-Jung Kim & Alan E. Gelfand, 2002. "Predicting Spatial Patterns of House Prices Using LPR and Bayesian Smoothing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 505-532.
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1980. "Alternative Techniques for Developing Real Estate Price Indexes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 442-448, August.
- Goldberg, Gerson M. & Harding, John P., 2003. "Investment characteristics of low- and moderate-income mortgage loans," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 151-180, September.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1993.
" Measuring Asset Values for Cash Settlement in Derivative Markets: Hedonic Repeated Measures Indices and Perpetual Futures,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 911-931, July.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1992. "Measuring Asset Values for Cash Settlement in Derivative Markets: Hedonic Repeated Measures Indices and Perpetual Futures," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1036, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1993. "Measuring Asset Values for Cash Settlement in Derivative Markets: Hedonic Repeated Measures indices and Perpetual Futures," NBER Technical Working Papers 0131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Don N. MacDonald & James C. Murdoch & Harry L. White, 1987. "Uncertain Hazards, Insurance, and Consumer Choice: Evidence from Housing Markets," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(4), pages 361-371.
- R. Kelley Pace, 1998. "Appraisal Using Generalized Additive Models," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 77-100.
- Speyrer, Janet Furman & Ragas, Wade R, 1991. "Housing Prices and Flood Risk: An Examination Using Spline Regression," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 395-407, December.
- Opsomer, Jean D. & Ruppert, D., 1998. "A Fully Automated Bandwidth Selection Method for Fitting Additive Models," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1176, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Pollakowski, Henry O., 1981. "Choice of functional form for hedonic price equations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-49, July.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Deck, Leland B & McConnell, Kenneth E, 1988. "On the Choice of Functional Form for Hedonic Price Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 668-675, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:5:d:10.1057_jors.2009.31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul E. Carrillo, 2005. "Assessing the Value of On-line Information Using a Two-sided Equilibrium Search Model in the Real Estate Market," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 307, Society for Computational Economics.
- Tony Addison & Yukka Pirttilä & Finn Tarp & Carlos Felipe Balcázar & Lidia Ceriani & Sergio Olivieri & Marco Ranzani, 2017.
"Rent-Imputation for Welfare Measurement: A Review of Methodologies and Empirical Findings,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(4), pages 881-898, December.
- Balcazar, Carlos Felipe & Ceriani, Lidia & Olivieri, Sergio & Ranzani, Marco, 2014. "Rent imputation for welfare measurement : a review of methodologies and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7103, The World Bank.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:69:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0076-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ramon Huerta & Fernando Corbacho & Luis F. Lago-Fernandez, 2008. "A housing-demographic multi-layered nonlinear model to test regulation strategies," Papers 0809.0979, arXiv.org.
- Rainer Schulz & Martin Wersing & Axel Werwatz, 2014.
"Automated valuation modelling: a specification exercise,"
Journal of Property Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(2), pages 131-153, June.
- Rainer Schulz & Martin Wersing & Axel Werwatz, 2013. "Automated Valuation Modelling: A Specification Exercise," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-046, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Pope, Jaren C., 2008. "Hedonic Price Functions: Guidance On Empirical Specification," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6555, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:13:y:2004:i:1:p:68-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.