Doctors, patients and the racial mortality gap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven G. Rivkin & Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain, 2005. "Teachers, Schools, and Academic Achievement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 417-458, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:11:1774-1777_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst & Nikolai Roussanov, 2009. "Conspicuous Consumption and Race," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 425-467.
- Grossman, Michael, 2006. "Education and Nonmarket Outcomes," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Balsa, Ana I. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Prejudice, clinical uncertainty and stereotyping as sources of health disparities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-116, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dora L. Costa, 2015.
"Health and the Economy in the United States from 1750 to the Present,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 53(3), pages 503-570, September.
- Dora Costa, 2013. "Health and the Economy in the United States, from 1750 to the Present," NBER Working Papers 19685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergei Koulayev & Niels Skipper & Emilia Simeonova, 2013. "Who Is in Control? The Determinants of Patient Adherence with Medication Therapy," NBER Working Papers 19496, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anwar Shamena & Fang Hanming, 2012.
"Testing for the Role of Prejudice in Emergency Departments Using Bounceback Rates,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(3), pages 1-49, December.
- Shamena Anwar & Hanming Fang, 2011. "Testing for the Role of Prejudice in Emergency Departments Using Bounceback Rates," NBER Working Papers 16888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shamena Anwar & Hanming Fang, 2011. "Testing for the Role of Prejudice in Emergency Departments Using Bounceback Rates," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-007, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- David Frisvold & Ezra Golberstein, 2013.
"The Effect of School Quality on Black-White Health Differences: Evidence From Segregated Southern Schools,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(6), pages 1989-2012, December.
- David Frisvold & Ezra Golberstein, 2010. "The Effect of School Quality on Black-White Health Differences: Evidence from Segregated Southern Schools," Emory Economics 1013, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Martha J. Bailey & Andrew Goodman-Bacon, 2015.
"The War on Poverty's Experiment in Public Medicine: Community Health Centers and the Mortality of Older Americans,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(3), pages 1067-1104, March.
- Martha J. Bailey & Andrew Goodman-Bacon, 2014. "The War on Poverty's Experiment in Public Medicine: Community Health Centers and the Mortality of Older Americans," NBER Working Papers 20653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:181:y:2017:i:c:p:191-198 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHealth inequality; Racial mortality gap; Adherence to medical therapy; Health production;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:32:y:2013:i:5:p:895-908. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.