Marriage, bereavement and mortality: The role of health care utilization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew, 2004. "How is mortality affected by money, marriage, and stress?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1181-1207, November.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Portrait, France, 2011.
"Conjugal bereavement effects on health and mortality at advanced ages,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 774-794, July.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Portrait, France, 2006. "Conjugal Bereavement Effects on Health and Mortality at Advanced Ages," IZA Discussion Papers 2358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Maarten Lindeboom & France Portrait, 2007. "Conjugal Bereavement Effects on Health and Mortality at Advanced Ages," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-009/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Espinosa, Javier & Evans, William N., 2008. "Heightened mortality after the death of a spouse: Marriage protection or marriage selection?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1326-1342, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2007.114348_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2008. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9787111235767, March.
- Sergei Koulayev & Niels Skipper & Emilia Simeonova, 2013. "Who Is in Control? The Determinants of Patient Adherence with Medication Therapy," NBER Working Papers 19496, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:10:1539-1541_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Susan L. Ettner, 1996. "The Opportunity Costs of Elder Care," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(1), pages 189-205.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-846, July-Aug..
- Michael Grossman, 1999. "The Human Capital Model of the Demand for Health," NBER Working Papers 7078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The economics of bereavement
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2013-06-20 10:59:52
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ehbiol:v:26:y:2017:i:c:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernhard Schmidpeter, 2015. "The Fatal Consequences of Grief," Economics working papers 2015-06, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- repec:jku:cdlwps:2015_07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernhard Schmidpeter, 2015. "The Fatal Consequences of Grief," CDL Aging, Health, Labor working papers 2015-07, The Christian Doppler (CD) Laboratory Aging, Health, and the Labor Market, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
More about this item
KeywordsMarriage; Health care; Bereavement; Adherence;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:32:y:2013:i:1:p:33-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .