On the use of survival analysis techniques to estimate medical care costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-679, June.
- Quesenberry Jr., C.P. & Fireman, B. & Hiatt, R.A. & Selby, J.V., 1989. "A survival analysis of hospitalization among patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 79(12), pages 1643-1647.
- Fenn, Paul & McGuire, Alistair & Backhouse, Martin & Jones, David, 1996. "Modelling programme costs in economic evaluation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 115-125, February.
- Peter Wakker & Marc P. Klaassen, 1995. "Confidence intervals for cost/effectiveness ratios," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(5), pages 373-381, September.
- Duan, Naihua, et al, 1983. "A Comparison of Alternative Models for the Demand for Medical Care," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 115-126, April.
- Eugene M. Laska & Morris Meisner & Carole Siegel, 1997. "Statistical Inference for Cost–Effectiveness Ratios," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 229-242, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B Shaw & A H Marshall, 2007. "Modelling the flow of congestive heart failure patients through a hospital system," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 58(2), pages 212-218, February.
- Y. T. Hwang & C. H. Huang & W. L. Yeh & Y. D. Shen, 2017. "The weighted general linear model for longitudinal medical cost data – an application in colorectal cancer," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 288-307, January.
- Maria Raikou & Alistair McGuire, 2012. "Estimating Costs for Economic Evaluation," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 43, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Basu A & Manning WG, 2009. "Estimating Lifetime or Episode-of-illness Costs," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Andrew Briggs & Taane Clark & Jane Wolstenholme & Philip Clarke, 2003. "Missing.... presumed at random: cost‐analysis of incomplete data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 377-392, May.
- Raikou, Maria & McGuire, Alistair, 2009. "Parametric estimation of medical care costs under conditions of censoring," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28857, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Elena Polverejan & Joseph C. Gardiner & Cathy J. Bradley & Margaret Holmes‐Rovner & David Rovner, 2003. "Estimating mean hospital cost as a function of length of stay and patient characteristics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 935-947, November.
- Ruth Etzioni & Scott D. Ramsey & Kristin Berry & Martin Brown, 2001. "The impact of including future medical care costs when estimating the costs attributable to a disease: a colorectal cancer case study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 245-256, April.
- Zhao, Xiaobing & Zhou, Xian, 2012. "Estimation of medical costs by copula models with dynamic change of health status," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 480-491.
- Xiao Zhao & Xian Zhou, 2015. "Estimation of copula-based models for lifetime medical costs," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 67(5), pages 897-915, October.
- Lu Deng & Wendy Lou & Nicholas Mitsakakis, 2019. "Modeling right-censored medical cost data in regression and the effects of covariates," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 28(1), pages 143-155, March.
- Harper, P.R. & Knight, V.A. & Marshall, A.H., 2012. "Discrete Conditional Phase-type models utilising classification trees: Application to modelling health service capacities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(3), pages 522-530.
- Raikou, M. & McGuire, A., 2004. "Estimating medical care costs under conditions of censoring," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 443-470, May.
- Zhao, Xiaobing & Zhou, Xian, 2009. "Semiparametric modeling of medical cost data containing zeros," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 1207-1214, May.
- Anirban Basu & Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 2004. "Comparing alternative models: log vs Cox proportional hazard?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 749-765, August.
- Ying Ding & Bin Nan, 2015. "Estimating Mean Survival Time: When is it Possible?," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 42(2), pages 397-413, June.
- Jude Bayham & Jonathan K. Yoder, 2012. "Wildfire Hazards: A Model of Disaster Response," Working Papers 2012-9, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:18:y:1999:i:3:p:365-380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.