Pilferage from opaque food subsidy programs: Theory and evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramaswami, B. & Balakrishnan, P., 2002. "Food prices and the efficiency of public intervention: the case of the public distribution system in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 419-436.
- Celia M. Reyes & Alellie B. Sobrevinas & Joel Bancolita & Jeremy de Jesus, 2009. "Analysis of the Impact of Changes in the Prices of Rice and Fuel on Poverty in the Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 22687, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- World Bank, 2001. "Philippines : Filipino Report Card on Pro-Poor Services," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14022, The World Bank.
- Alderman, Harold & Lindert, Kathy, 1998. "The Potential and Limitations of Self-Targeted Food Subsidies," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 213-229, August.
- Jayne, T. S. & Strauss, John & Yamano, Takashi & Molla, Daniel, 2001. "Giving to the Poor? Targeting of Food Aid in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 887-910, May.
- Beatrice Lorge Rogers & Jennifer Coates, 2002. "Food-Based Safety Nets and Related Programs," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 12, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Reetika Khera, 2011. "India's Public Distribution System: Utilisation and Impact," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1038-1060.
- Alderman, Harold, 1988. "The twilight of flour rationing in Pakistan," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 245-256, August.
- Claudio Ferraz & Frederico Finan, 2008.
"Exposing Corrupt Politicians: The Effects of Brazil's Publicly Released Audits on Electoral Outcomes,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 123(2), pages 703-745.
- Ferraz, Claudio & Finan, Frederico S., 2007. "Exposing Corrupt Politicians: The Effects of Brazil’s Publicly Released Audits on Electoral Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 2836, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ahluwalia, Deepak, 1993. "Public distribution of food in India : Coverage, targeting and leakages," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 33-54, February.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB), 2013. "Empowerment and Public Service Delivery in Developing Asia and the Pacific," ADB Reports RPT135565-3, Asian Development Bank (ADB), revised 15 May 2013.
- Casamatta, Georges & Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2000.
"Political sustainability and the design of social insurance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 341-364, March.
- CASAMATTA, Georges & CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2000. "Political sustainability and the design of social insurance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1449, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jha, Skikha & Ramaswami, Bharat, 2012.
"The Percolation of Public Expenditure: Food Subsidies and the Poor in India and the Philippines,"
India Policy Forum,
National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 8(1), pages 95-138.
- Shikha Jha & Bharat Ramaswami, 2011. "The Percolation of public expenditure: Food subsidies and the Poor in India and the Philippines," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-14, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Ramadan, Racha & Thomas, Alban, 2011.
"Evaluating the impact of reforming the food subsidy program in Egypt: A Mixed Demand approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 638-646.
- Ramadan, Racha & Thomas, Alban, 2011. "Evaluating the impact of reforming the food subsidy program in Egypt: A Mixed Demand approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 637-645, October.
- Mehta, Aashish & Jha, Shikha & Quising, Pilipinas, 2013. "Self-targeted food subsidies and voice: Evidence from the Philippines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 204-217.
- De Donder, Philippe & Hindriks, Jean, 1998. "The Political Economy of Targeting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 95(1-2), pages 177-200, April.
- Olken, Benjamin A., 2006. "Corruption and the costs of redistribution: Micro evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 853-870, May.
- Lorge Rogers, Beatrice & Coates, Jennifer, 2002. "Food-based safety nets and related programs," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29735, The World Bank.
- Sobrevinas, Alellie B. & de Jesus, Jeremy & Reyes, Celia M. & Bancolita, Joel E., 2009. "Analysis of the Impact of Changes in the Prices of Rice and Fuel on Poverty in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2009-07, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 2010. "Reflections on food crises past," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Gelbach Jonah B. & Pritchett Lant, 2002. "Is More for the Poor Less for the Poor? The Politics of Means-Tested Targeting," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-28, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Entitlement fetching or snatching? Effects of arbitrage on Indiaâ€™s public distribution system," IFPRI discussion papers 1588, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsPilferage; Corruption; Transfer program; Food subsidy; Transparency; Opacity; Philippines; Targeting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:69-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .