A model of pricing behavior: An econometric case study
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cubbin, John, 1983. "Apparent collusion and conjectural variations in differentiated oligopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 155-163, June.
- Phillips, Almarin, 1976. "A Critique of Empirical Studies of Relations between Market Structure and Profitability," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 241-49, June.
- Day, Richard H & Aigner, Dennis J & Smith, Kenneth R, 1971. "Safety Margins and Profit Maximization in the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1293-1301, Nov.-Dec..
- Sawyer, Malcolm C., 1982. "On the specification of structure-performance relationships," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 295-306.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1974. "The Falling Share of Profits," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 5(1), pages 169-218.
- Skinner, R C, 1970. "The Determination of Selling Prices," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 201-17, July.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373078 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silberston, Aubrey, 1970. "Surveys of Applied Economics: Price Behaviour of Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(319), pages 511-82, September.
- Knetter, Michael M, 1989. "Price Discrimination by U.S. and German Exporters," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 198-210, March.
- Godley, Wynne A H & Nordhaus, William D, 1972. "Pricing in the Trade Cycle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 853-82, September.
- Samiee, Saeed, 1987. "Pricing in marketing strategies of U.S.- and foreign-based companies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 17-30, February.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-74, August.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373064 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cowling, Keith, 1976. "On the theoretical specification of industrial structure-performance relationships," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, June.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1975. "The Impact of Aggregate Demand on Prices," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(3), pages 613-670.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1982. "A new theory of retailing costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 163-186.
- Nooteboom, B., 1982. "A new theory of retailing costs," Other publications TiSEM 5c1be7a9-2d77-4bfb-9e64-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- F. S. Lee & J. Irving-Lessmann, 1992. "The Fate of an Errant Hypothesis: The Doctrine of Normal-Cost Prices," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 273-309, Summer.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Michael M. Knetter, 1992.
"Markup Adjustment and Exchange Rate Fluctuations: Evidence From Panel Data on Automobile Exports,"
NBER Working Papers
4123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gagnon, Joseph E. & Knetter, Michael M., 1995. "Markup adjustment and exchange rate fluctuations: evidence from panel data on automobile exports," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 289-310, April.
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen W, 1982. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 277-87, August.
- Nooteboom, Bart & Kleijweg, Aad & Thurik, Roy, 1988. "Normal costs and demand effects in price setting : A study of retailing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 999-1011, April.
- Shipley, David D, 1981. "Pricing Objectives in British Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 429-43, June.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373080 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naish, Howard F, 1990. "The Near Optimality of Mark-Up Pricing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 555-85, July.
- Peter E. Earl, 1991. "Normal Cost versus Marginalist Models of Pricing: A Behavioral Perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 13(2), pages 264-281, January.
- Nooteboom, B. & Thurik, A. R., 1985. "Retail margins during recession and growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 281-284.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-373306 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:36:y:1998:i:2:p:177-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.