Examining goods market integration in the Eurozone: evidence obtained from an analysis of price-setting by UK automobile exporters
This paper investigates whether the pervasive dispersion of automobile prices within the Eurozone (1999-2006) is caused by the existence of market segmentation and divergences in the market structures. The results concerning the Pricing to Market behavior of the United Kingdom exporters indicate that it is heterogeneous across the Eurozone countries, which suggests that the goods markets are not totally integrated.
Volume (Year): 6 (2007)
Issue (Month): 36 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goldberg, Pinelopi K. & Verboven, Frank, 2005.
"Market integration and convergence to the Law of One Price: evidence from the European car market,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 49-73, January.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "Market Integration and Convergence to the Law of One Price: Evidence from the European Car Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2926, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Frank Verboven, 2001. "Market Integration and Convergence to the Law of One Price: Evidence from the European Car Market," NBER Working Papers 8402, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Knetter, Michael M, 1989. "Price Discrimination by U.S. and German Exporters," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 198-210, March.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 2004. "European product market integration after the euro," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(39), pages 347-384, 07.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Michael M. Knetter, 1992.
"Markup Adjustment and Exchange Rate Fluctuations: Evidence From Panel Data on Automobile Exports,"
NBER Working Papers
4123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gagnon, Joseph E. & Knetter, Michael M., 1995. "Markup adjustment and exchange rate fluctuations: evidence from panel data on automobile exports," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 289-310, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-07f10018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.