Colas, burgers, shakes, and shirkers: Towards a sociological model of franchising in the market economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bates, Timothy, 1998. "Survival patterns among newcomers to franchising," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 113-130, March.
- Mathewson, Frank & Winter, Ralph, 1994. "Territorial Restrictions in Franchise Contracts," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(2), pages 181-192, April.
- Brickley, James A. & Dark, Frederick H., 1987. "The choice of organizational form The case of franchising," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 401-420, June.
- Sugato Bhattacharyya & Francine Lafontaine, 1995. "Double-Sided Moral Hazard and the Nature of Share Contracts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(4), pages 761-781, Winter.
- Gallini, Nancy T & Lutz, Nancy A, 1992. "Dual Distribution and Royalty Fees in Franchising," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 471-501, October.
- Lafontaine, Francine, 1993. "Contractual Arrangements as Signaling Devices: Evidence from Franchising," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 256-289, October.
- Rubin, Paul H, 1978. "The Theory of the Firm and the Structure of the Franchise Contract," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 223-233, April.
- Brickley, James A & Dark, Frederick H & Weisbach, Michael S, 1991.
"The Economic Effects of Franchise Termination Laws,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 101-132, April.
- Brickley, J.A. & Dark, F.H. & Weisbach, M.S., 1988. "The Economic Effects Of Franchise Termination Laws," Papers 88-11, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Spinelli, Steve & Birley, Sue, 1996. "Toward a theory of conflict in the franchise system," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 329-342, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francine Lafontaine & Fiona Scott Morton, 2010. "Markets: State Franchise Laws, Dealer Terminations, and the Auto Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 233-250, Summer.
- Odile Chanut & Nadjoua Gharbi & Dominique Bonet Fernandez & Muhammad Shahbaz & E. Hachemi Aliouche, 2013. "Institutional Environments and the Internationalization of Franchise Chains: The Contrasting Cases of Three North African Countries," Working Papers 2013-39, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Masurel, E. & Nijkamp, P., 2009. "The low participation of urban migrant entrepreneurs: reasons and perceptions of weak institutional embeddedness," Serie Research Memoranda 0040, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Combs, James G. & Ketchen, David Jr. & Hoover, Vera L., 2004. "A strategic groups approach to the franchising-performance relationship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 877-897, November.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2013-039 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holmberg, Stevan R. & Morgan, Kathryn Boe, 2003. "Franchise turnover and failure: New research and perspectives," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 403-418, May.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:39 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emerson, David & Mulley, Corinne & Bliemer, Michiel C.J., 2016. "A theoretical analysis of business models for urban public transport systems, with comparative reference to a Community Franchise involving Individual Line Ownership," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 368-378.
- Liang, Hueimei & Lee, Kuo-Jung & Huang, Jen-Tsung & Lei, Hsien-Wei, 2013. "The optimal decisions in franchising under profit uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 128-137.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:14:y:1999:i:4:p:323-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.