The low participation of urban migrant entrepreneurs: reasons and perceptions of weak institutional embeddedness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mervyn K. Lewis & Latifa M. Algaoud, 2001. "Islamic Banking," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1488, April.
- Hoy, Frank & Shane, Scott, 1998. "Franchising as an entrepreneurial venture form," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 91-94, March.
- Michael, Steven C., 2003. "First mover advantage through franchising," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 61-80, January.
- Francine Lafontaine, 1992. "Agency Theory and Franchising: Some Empirical Results," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 263-283, Summer.
- Jan de Kok & Milan Jansen & Sten Willemsen & Judith van Spronsen, 2003. "Immigrant entrepreneurship in the Netherlands," Scales Research Reports H200304, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Giles A. Barrett & Trevor P. Jones & David McEvoy, 1996. "Ethnic Minority Business: Theoretical Discourse in Britain and North America," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 33(4-5), pages 783-809, May.
- Borooah, Vani K & Hart, Mark, 1999. "Factors Affecting Self-Employment among Indian and Black Caribbean Men in Britain," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 111-129, September.
- Michael, Steven C., 1996. "To franchise or not to franchise: An analysis of decision rights and organizational form shares," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Stanworth, John & Curran, James, 1999. "Colas, burgers, shakes, and shirkers: Towards a sociological model of franchising in the market economy," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 323-344, July.
More about this item
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vua:wpaper:2009-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fewvunl.html .