A social commerce investigation of the role of trust in a social networking site on purchase intentions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hajli, Nick & Sims, Julian, 2015. "Social commerce: The transfer of power from sellers to buyers," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 350-358.
- Schurr, Paul H & Ozanne, Julie L, 1985. "Influence on Exchange Processes: Buyers' Preconceptions of a Seller's Trustworthiness and Bargaining Toughness," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 939-953, March.
- Stephan Kaiser & Gordon Muller-Seitz, 2008. "Leveraging Lead User Knowledge in Software Development—The Case of Weblog Technology," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 199-221.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2010. "Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Stephen L. Vargo & Robert F. Lusch, 2016. "Institutions and axioms: an extension and update of service-dominant logic," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 5-23, January.
- Gefen, David & Straub, Detmar W., 2004. "Consumer trust in B2C e-Commerce and the importance of social presence: experiments in e-Products and e-Services," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 407-424, December.
- Stephen P. Borgatti & Rob Cross, 2003. "A Relational View of Information Seeking and Learning in Social Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 432-445, April.
- Matthew J. Liberatore & George J. Titus, 1983. "The Practice of Management Science in R&D Project Management," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(8), pages 962-974, August.
- Gefen, David, 2000. "E-commerce: the role of familiarity and trust," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 725-737, December.
- Eleonora Di Maria & Vladi Finotto, 2008. "Communities of Consumption and Made in Italy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 179-197.
- D. Harrison McKnight & Vivek Choudhury & Charles Kacmar, 2002. "Developing and Validating Trust Measures for e-Commerce: An Integrative Typology," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 334-359, September.
- Hauser, John R & Wernerfelt, Birger, 1990. "An Evaluation Cost Model of Consideration Sets," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 393-408, March.
- Laroche, Michel & Kim, Chankon & Zhou, Lianxi, 1996. "Brand familiarity and confidence as determinants of purchase intention: An empirical test in a multiple brand context," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 115-120, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rajković, Borislav & Đurić, Ivan & Zarić, Vlade & Glauben, Thomas, 2021.
"Gaining trust in the digital age: The potential of social media for increasing the competitiveness of small and medium enterprises,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Borislav Rajković & Ivan Đurić & Vlade Zarić & Thomas Glauben, 2021. "Gaining Trust in the Digital Age: The Potential of Social Media for Increasing the Competitiveness of Small and Medium Enterprises," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(4), pages 1-22, February.
- Nadeem, Waqar & Khani, Amir H. & Schultz, Carsten D. & Adam, Nawal Abdalla & Attar, Razaz Waheeb & Hajli, Nick, 2020. "How social presence drives commitment and loyalty with online brand communities? the role of social commerce trust," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 55(C).
- Choi, Miju & Law, Rob & Heo, Cindy Yoonjoung, 2016. "Shopping destinations and trust – Tourist attitudes: Scale development and validation," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 490-501.
- Leong, Lai-Ying & Hew, Teck-Soon & Ooi, Keng-Boon & Chong, Alain Yee-Loong, 2020. "Predicting the antecedents of trust in social commerce – A hybrid structural equation modeling with neural network approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 24-40.
- Fernanda Leão Ramos & Jorge Brantes Ferreira & Angilberto Sabino de Freitas & Juliana Werneck Rodrigues, 2018. "The Effect of Trust in the Intention to Use m-banking," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 15(2), pages 175-191, March.
- Raed S. Algharabat & Nripendra P. Rana, 0. "Social Commerce in Emerging Markets and its Impact on Online Community Engagement," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-22.
- Timm Teubner & Marc T. P. Adam & Florian Hawlitschek, 2020. "Unlocking Online Reputation," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 62(6), pages 501-513, December.
- Matej Kovač & Vesna Žabkar, 2020. "Do Social Media and E-Mail Engagement Impact Reputation and Trust-Driven Behavior?," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 32(1), pages 9-25.
- Nasser Hamidi & Tahmineh Torabi Rad & Alireza Jahany, 2012. "Evaluation Of Factors Influencing Tendency Towards E- Banking In Bank Customers," Far East Journal of Marketing and Management, Far East Research Centre, vol. 2(3), pages 25-42, August.
- Annaluce Latorre & Maria Vernuccio, 2013. "Ridurre il rischio percepito e generare fiducia nello shopping online attraverso gli User Generated Content," MERCATI & COMPETITIVIT?, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(1), pages 143-163.
- Yubao Cui & Luca Cacciolatti & Patrick Woock & Yinghua Liu & Xuehe Zhang, 2016. "A Qualitative Exploratory Investigation on the Purchase Intention of Consumers Affected by Long-term Negative Advertising: A Case from the Chinese Milk Sector," Economia agro-alimentare, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 18(3), pages 263-282.
- Lian, Jiunn-Woei & Li, Ji, 2021. "The dimensions of trust:An investigation of mobile payment services in Taiwan," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Xuequn Wang & Mina Tajvidi & Xiaolin Lin & Nick Hajli, 2020. "Towards an Ethical and Trustworthy Social Commerce Community for Brand Value Co-creation: A trust-Commitment Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 167(1), pages 137-152, November.
- Shirazi, Farid & Hajli, Nick & Sims, Julian & Lemke, Fred, 2022. "The role of social factors in purchase journey in the social commerce era," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 183(C).
- Kyung Hwa Seo, 2020. "A Study on the Application of Kiosk Service as the Workplace Flexibility: The Determinants of Expanded Technology Adoption and Trust of Quick Service Restaurant Customers," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(21), pages 1-16, October.
- Dan Ke & Anran Chen & Chenting Su, 2016. "Online trust-building mechanisms for existing brands: the moderating role of the e-business platform certification system," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 189-216, June.
- Hong, Ilyoo B. & Cho, Hwihyung, 2011. "The impact of consumer trust on attitudinal loyalty and purchase intentions in B2C e-marketplaces: Intermediary trust vs. seller trust," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 469-479.
- Kim, Sanghyun & Park, Hyunsun, 2013. "Effects of various characteristics of social commerce (s-commerce) on consumers’ trust and trust performance," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 318-332.
- Yahia, Imene Ben & Al-Neama, Nasser & Kerbache, Laoucine, 2018. "Investigating the drivers for social commerce in social media platforms: Importance of trust, social support and the platform perceived usage," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 11-19.
- Li, Chia-Ying, 2019. "How social commerce constructs influence customers' social shopping intention? An empirical study of a social commerce website," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 282-294.
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Social commerce; Purchase intentions; Familiarity with a platform; Social presence; Information seeking;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:133-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.