Consumer adoption of pro-poor service innovations in subsistence marketplaces
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roland Bénabou & Davide Ticchi & Andrea Vindigni, 2015.
"Religion and Innovation,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 346-351, May.
- Roland Bénabou & Davide Ticchi & Andrea Vindigni, 2015. "Religion and Innovation," NBER Working Papers 21052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bénabou, Roland & Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2015. "Religion and Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 10518, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benabou, Roland & Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2015. "Religion and Innovation," IZA Discussion Papers 8975, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ramani, Shyama V. & SadreGhazi, Shuan & Duysters, Geert, 2012. "On the diffusion of toilets as bottom of the pyramid innovation: Lessons from sanitation entrepreneurs," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 676-687.
- James B. Pick & Kamala Gollakota & Manju Singh, 2014. "Technology for Development: Understanding Influences on use of Rural Telecenters in India," Information Technology for Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 296-323, October.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Lee, Sang-Gun & Trimi, Silvana & Kim, Changsoo, 2013. "The impact of cultural differences on technology adoption," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 20-29.
- Midgley, David F & Dowling, Grahame R, 1978. "Innovativeness: The Concept and Its Measurement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 229-242, March.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Lastovicka, John L, et al, 1999. "Lifestyle of the Tight and Frugal: Theory and Measurement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 85-98, June.
- Christopher R. Plouffe & John S. Hulland & Mark Vandenbosch, 2001. "Research Report: Richness Versus Parsimony in Modeling Technology Adoption Decisions—Understanding Merchant Adoption of a Smart Card-Based Payment System," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 208-222, June.
- Kawaljeet Kaur Kapoor & Yogesh K. Dwivedi & Michael D. Williams, 2015. "Examining the role of three sets of innovation attributes for determining adoption of the interbank mobile payment service," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 1039-1056, October.
- Taylor, Mark Zachary & Wilson, Sean, 2012. "Does culture still matter?: The effects of individualism on national innovation rates," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 234-247.
- Bosompra, Kwadwo, 2001. "Determinants of condom use intentions of university students in Ghana: an application of the theory of reasoned action," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1057-1069, April.
- Ferreira, Jorge Brantes & da Rocha, Angela & da Silva, Jorge Ferreira, 2014. "Impacts of technology readiness on emotions and cognition in Brazil," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 865-873.
- Khandelwal, Meena & Hill, Matthew E. & Greenough, Paul & Anthony, Jerry & Quill, Misha & Linderman, Marc & Udaykumar, H.S., 2017. "Why Have Improved Cook-Stove Initiatives in India Failed?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 13-27.
- Muhammad Muazzem Hossain* & Md. Raihan Jamil, 2015. "Consumer Acceptance of More-Than-Voice (MTV) Services:Evidence from the Bottom of Pyramid in Bangladesh," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 49(5), pages 25-39, Special I.
- Kieran Mathieson, 1991. "Predicting User Intentions: Comparing the Technology Acceptance Model with the Theory of Planned Behavior," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 173-191, September.
- William H. DeLone & Ephraim R. McLean, 1992. "Information Systems Success: The Quest for the Dependent Variable," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 60-95, March.
- Arts, Joep W.C. & Frambach, Ruud T. & Bijmolt, Tammo H.A., 2011. "Generalizations on consumer innovation adoption: A meta-analysis on drivers of intention and behavior," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 134-144.
- Madhu Viswanathan & Srinivas Sridharan & Robin Ritchie, 2008. "Marketing in Subsistence Marketplaces," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Charles Wankel (ed.), Alleviating Poverty through Business Strategy, chapter 0, pages 209-231, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shane, Scott A., 1992. "Why do some societies invent more than others?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 29-46, January.
- Shane, Scott, 1993. "Cultural influences on national rates of innovation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Shirley Taylor & Peter A. Todd, 1995. "Understanding Information Technology Usage: A Test of Competing Models," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 6(2), pages 144-176, June.
- Tuba stner & Douglas B. Holt, 2007. "Dominated Consumer Acculturation: The Social Construction of Poor Migrant Women's Consumer Identity Projects in a Turkish Squatter," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 41-56, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nripendra P. Rana & Yogesh K. Dwivedi & Banita Lal & Michael D. Williams & Marc Clement, 2017. "Citizens’ adoption of an electronic government system: towards a unified view," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 549-568, June.
- Nripendra P. Rana & Yogesh K. Dwivedi & Banita Lal & Michael D. Williams & Marc Clement, 0. "Citizens’ adoption of an electronic government system: towards a unified view," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Luceri, Beatrice & (Tammo) Bijmolt, T.H.A. & Bellini, Silvia & Aiolfi, Simone, 2022. "What drives consumers to shop on mobile devices? Insights from a Meta-Analysis," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 178-196.
- Yogesh K. Dwivedi & Nripendra P. Rana & Anand Jeyaraj & Marc Clement & Michael D. Williams, 2019. "Re-examining the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology (UTAUT): Towards a Revised Theoretical Model," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 719-734, June.
- Agarwal, Reeti & Rastogi, Sanjay & Mehrotra, Ankit, 2009. "Customersâ€™ perspectives regarding e-banking in an emerging economy," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 340-351.
- Premkumar, G. & Bhattacherjee, Anol, 2008. "Explaining information technology usage: A test of competing models," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 64-75, February.
- Venkatesh, Viswanath & Maruping, Likoebe M. & Brown, Susan A., 2006. "Role of time in self-prediction of behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 160-176, July.
- Alalwan, Ali Abdallah & Baabdullah, Abdullah M. & Rana, Nripendra P. & Tamilmani, Kuttimani & Dwivedi, Yogesh K., 2018. "Examining adoption of mobile internet in Saudi Arabia: Extending TAM with perceived enjoyment, innovativeness and trust," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 100-110.
- Garima Malik & A. Sajeevan Rao, 2019. "Extended expectation-confirmation model to predict continued usage of ODR/ride hailing apps: role of perceived value and self-efficacy," Information Technology & Tourism, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 461-482, December.
- Muhammad Ali & Syed Ali Raza & Chin-Hong Puah & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2017.
"Islamic home financing in Pakistan: a SEM-based approach using modified TPB model,"
Housing Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 1156-1177, November.
- Ali, Muhammad & Raza, Syed Ali & Chin-Hong, Puah, 2015. "Islamic home financing in Pakistan: A SEM based approach using modified TPB model," MPRA Paper 67877, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Sep 2015.
- Robinson, Leroy Jr. & Marshall, Greg W. & Stamps, Miriam B., 2005. "Sales force use of technology: antecedents to technology acceptance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1623-1631, December.
- Viswanath Venkatesh, 2000. "Determinants of Perceived Ease of Use: Integrating Control, Intrinsic Motivation, and Emotion into the Technology Acceptance Model," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 342-365, December.
- Nawal Abdalla Adam, 2016. "An Empirical Investigation of the Impact of Technological Factors on Computer ¨C Based Information Systems (CBIS) Usage by Managers in Banking Sector in Sudan," Journal of Social Science Studies, Macrothink Institute, vol. 3(1), pages 12-22, January.
- Barbara H. Wixom & Peter A. Todd, 2005. "A Theoretical Integration of User Satisfaction and Technology Acceptance," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 85-102, March.
- Banu Demirel & Ayça Kübra Hızarcı Payne, 2018. "Social Innovation Adoption Behavior: The Case of Zumbara," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(02), pages 1-19, April.
- Jaydeep Mukherjee, 2016. "A comprehensive framework for adoption of mobile broadband services in Indian cities," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(1), pages 9-25, January.
- Kuttimani Tamilmani & Nripendra P. Rana & Robin Nunkoo & Vishnupriya Raghavan & Yogesh K. Dwivedi, 2022. "Indian Travellers’ Adoption of Airbnb Platform," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 77-96, February.
- Valentin Ngadi, 2016. "Factors Affecting The Adoption Of The Personality Of Design [Les Facteurs Determinants De La Diffusion/Adoption De La Personnalite Du Design]," Working Papers hal-01296338, HAL.
- Waleed A. Hammood & Ruzaini Abdullah Arshah & Salwana Mohamad Asmara & Hussam Al Halbusi & Omar A. Hammood & Salem Al Abri, 2021. "A Systematic Review on Flood Early Warning and Response System (FEWRS): A Deep Review and Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Andrei OGREZEANU, 2015. "Models Of Technology Adoption: An Integrative Approach," Network Intelligence Studies, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 5, pages 55-67, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBottom-of-the-pyramid (BOP); Subsistence marketplaces; Innovation adoption; Pro-poor innovations;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:121:y:2020:i:c:p:461-475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.