Developing effective global relationships through staffing with inpatriate managers: The role of interpersonal trust
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lorenz, Edward, 1999. "Trust, Contract and Economic Cooperation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 301-315, May.
- Tahvanainen, Marja & Welch, Denice & Worm, Verner, 2005. "Implications of Short-term International Assignments," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 663-673, December.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Stahl, Günter K. & Miller, Edwin L. & Tung, Rosalie L., 2002. "Toward the boundaryless career: a closer look at the expatriate career concept and the perceived implications of an international assignment," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 216-227, October.
- Mila B Lazarova & Jean-Luc Cerdin, 2007. "Revisiting repatriation concerns: organizational support versus career and contextual influences," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(3), pages 404-429, May.
- B Sebastian Reiche & Anne-Wil Harzing & Maria L Kraimer, 2009. "The role of international assignees' social capital in creating inter-unit intellectual capital: A cross-level model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(3), pages 509-526, April.
- Schweitzer, Maurice E. & Hershey, John C. & Bradlow, Eric T., 2006. "Promises and lies: Restoring violated trust," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Ken Kamoche, 1996. "Strategic Human Resource Management Within A Resource-Capability View Of The Firm," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 213-233, March.
- Lazarova, Mila & Caligiuri, Paula, 2001. "Retaining repatriates: the role of organizational support practices," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 389-401, January.
- Harvey, Michael G. & Buckley, M. Ronald, 1997. "Managing inpatriates: Building a global core competency," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 35-52, April.
- Farndale, Elaine & Scullion, Hugh & Sparrow, Paul, 2010. "The role of the corporate HR function in global talent management," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 161-168, April.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Mestelman, Stuart & Nainar, Khalid & Shehata, Mohamed, 2009.
"The impact of social value orientation and risk attitudes on trust and reciprocity,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 368-380, June.
- Kiridaran Kanagaretnam & Stuart Mestelman & Khalid Nainar & Mohamed Shehata, 2009. "The Impact of Social Value Orientation and Risk Attitudes on Trust and Reciprocity," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008-06, McMaster University.
- Nicolai Juul Foss & Torben Pedersen, 2004. "Organizing knowledge processes in the multinational corporation: an introduction," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 340-349, September.
- Tung, Rosalie L., 1998. "American expatriates abroad: From neophytes to cosmopolitans," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 125-144, July.
- Frank Mueller, 1996. "Human Resources As Strategic Assets: An Evolutionary Resource-Based Theory," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(6), pages 757-785, November.
- B Sebastian Reiche & Maria L Kraimer & Anne-Wil Harzing, 2011. "Why do international assignees stay? An organizational embeddedness perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 42(4), pages 521-544, May.
- Harvey, Michael & Novicevic, Milorad M. & Buckley, M. Ronald & Fung, Helen, 2005. "Reducing inpatriate managers' 'Liability of Foreignness' by addressing stigmatization and stereotype threats," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 267-280, August.
- Mark C Bolino, 2007. "Expatriate assignments and intra-organizational career success: implications for individuals and organizations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(5), pages 819-835, September.
- Tarique, Ibraiz & Schuler, Randall S., 2010. "Global talent management: Literature review, integrative framework, and suggestions for further research," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 122-133, April.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
- Schoemaker, Paul J H, 1982. "The Expected Utility Model: Its Variants, Purposes, Evidence and Limitations," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 529-563, June.
- Rostow,W. W., 1971. "Politics and the Stages of Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096539.
- Daniel Z. Levin & Rob Cross, 2004. "The Strength of Weak Ties You Can Trust: The Mediating Role of Trust in Effective Knowledge Transfer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1477-1490, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabian Jintae Froese & Kwanghyun Kim & Aileen Eng, 2016. "Language, Cultural Intelligence, and Inpatriate Turnover Intentions: Leveraging Values in Multinational Corporations through Inpatriates," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 283-301, April.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:680-690 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lai, Christine & Singh, Barjinder & Alshwer, Abdullah A. & Shaffer, Margaret A., 2014. "Building and Leveraging Interpersonal Trust Within and Across MNE Subsidiaries: A Social Exchange Perspective," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 312-326.
- Arp, Frithjof, 2013.
"Typologies: What types of foreign executives are appointed by local organisations and what types of organisations appoint them?,"
Zeitschrift fuer Personalforschung. German Journal of Research in Human Resource Management,
Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 27(3), pages 167-194.
- Arp, Frithjof, 2013. "Typologies: What types of foreign executives are appointed by local organisations and what types of organisations appoint them?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 167-194.
- Magier-Łakomy Ewa & Rozkwitalska Małgorzata, 2013. "Country-of-origin effect on manager’s competence evaluations," Journal of Intercultural Management, De Gruyter Open, vol. 5(4), pages 5-21, December.
More about this item
KeywordsInpatriate Trust Global management Staffing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:17:y:2011:i:2:p:150-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.