Developing new innovation models: Shifts in the innovation landscapes in emerging economies and implications for global R&D management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jiatao Li & Rajiv Kozhikode, 2008. "Knowledge management and innovation strategy: The challenge for latecomers in emerging economies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 429-450, September.
- Rawski, Thomas G, 1994. "Chinese Industrial Reform: Accomplishments, Prospects, and Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 271-275, May.
- Yadong Luo, 2001. "Determinants of Entry in an Emerging Economy: A Multilevel Approach," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 443-472, May.
- Howells, Jeremy, 1990. "The location and organisation of research and development: New horizons," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 133-146, April.
- Kuemmerle, Walter, 1999. "Foreign direct investment in industrial research in the pharmaceutical and electronics industries--results from a survey of multinational firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 179-193, March.
- Kogut, Bruce & Chang, Sea Jin, 1991. "Technological Capabilities and Japanese Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 401-413, August.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2006.
"Does Globalization of the Scientific/Engineering Workforce Threaten U.S. Economic Leadership?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 6, pages 123-158
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2005. "Does Globalization of the Scientific/Engineering Workforce Threaten U.S. Economic Leadership?," NBER Working Papers 11457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- von Zedtwitz, Maximilian & Gassmann, Oliver, 2002. "Market versus technology drive in R&D internationalization: four different patterns of managing research and development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 569-588, May.
- Hobday, Mike, 1995. "East Asian latecomer firms: Learning the technology of electronics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1171-1193, July.
- Mathews, John A., 2002. "Dragon Multinational: A New Model for Global Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195121469.
- Patel, Pari & Vega, Modesto, 1999. "Patterns of internationalisation of corporate technology: location vs. home country advantages1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 145-155, March.
- Pearce, Robert D., 1999. "Decentralised R&D and strategic competitiveness: globalised approaches to generation and use of technology in multinational enterprises (MNEs)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 157-178, March.
- John H Dunning, 1980. "Towards an Eclectic Theory of International Production: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 11(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Filson, Darren, 2002.
"Product and process innovations in the life cycle of an industry,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 97-112, September.
- Darren Filson, "undated". "Product and Process Innovations in the Life Cycle of an Industry," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-30, Claremont Colleges.
- Yadong Luo & Mike W Peng, 1999. "Learning to Compete in a Transition Economy: Experience, Environment, and Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(2), pages 269-295, June.
- Ron Adner & Daniel Levinthal, 2001. "Demand Heterogeneity and Technology Evolution: Implications for Product and Process Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 611-628, May.
- M Krishna Erramilli, 1991. "The Experience Factor in Foreign Market Entry Behavior of Service Firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(3), pages 479-501, September.
- Luo, Yadong, 2004. "A coopetition perspective of MNC-host government relations," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 431-451.
- Pino G. Audia & Henrich R. Greve, 2006. "Less Likely to Fail: Low Performance, Firm Size, and Factory Expansion in the Shipbuilding Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(1), pages 83-94, January.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Pearce, Robert, 1999. "The evolution of technology in multinational enterprises: the role of creative subsidiaries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 125-148, April.
- John Hagedoorn & Danielle Cloodt & Hans van Kranenburg, 2005. "Intellectual property rights and the governance of international R&D partnerships," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(2), pages 175-186, March.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Marron, Donald B & Steel, David G, 2000. "Which Countries Protect Intellectual Property? The Case of Software Piracy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 159-174, April.
- Joseph L C Cheng & Douglas S Bolon, 1993. "The Management of Multinational R&D: A Neglected Topic in International Business Research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(1), pages 1-18, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilgili, Tsvetomira V. & Kedia, Ben L. & Bilgili, Hansin, 2016. "Exploring the influence of resource environments on absorptive capacity development: The case of emerging market firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 700-712.
- Xie, Zhenzhen & Li, Jiatao, 2015. "Demand Heterogeneity, Learning Diversity and Innovation in an Emerging Economy," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 277-292.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:134-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:55:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0224-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Shan & Miqdad Ali Khan, 2016. "Implications of Reverse Innovation for Socio-Economic Sustainability: A Case Study of Philips China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Lewellyn, Krista B. & Bao, Shuji ‘Rosey’, 2015. "R&D Investment in the Global Paper Products Industry: A Behavioral Theory of the Firm and National Culture Perspective," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-17.
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:49:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0118-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Kalogerakis, Katharina, 2016. "A bibliometric analysis of academic papers on frugal innovation," Working Papers 93, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Frank, Alejandro Germán & Cortimiglia, Marcelo Nogueira & Ribeiro, José Luis Duarte & Oliveira, Lindomar Subtil de, 2016. "The effect of innovation activities on innovation outputs in the Brazilian industry: Market-orientation vs. technology-acquisition strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 577-592.
- repec:spr:scient:v:104:y:2015:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1628-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kozioł-Nadolna Katarzyna, 2013. "The analysis of R&D internationalization – case study of Comarch enterprise," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, De Gruyter Open, vol. 13(1), pages 136-149, December.
- Alon Lisak & Miriam Erez & Yang Sui & Cynthia Lee, 2016. "The positive role of global leaders in enhancing multicultural team innovation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(6), pages 655-673, August.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:104-117 is not listed on IDEAS
- MMDR Deegahawature, 2014. "The Effect of Proclivity to Open Innovation, Job Complexity and Technology Turbulence on Creativity: Evidence from Technologically Less Advanced Countries," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 4(4), pages 111-122, April.
- repec:kap:asiapa:v:34:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10490-017-9527-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Hou, Wanrong & Li, Sali & Priem, Richard L., 2013. "How do CEOs matter? The moderating effects of CEO compensation and tenure on equity ownership in international joint ventures," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 138-151.
- Zhao, S.L. & Cacciolatti, L. & Lee, S.H. & Song, W., 2015. "Regional collaborations and indigenous innovation capabilities in China: A multivariate method for the analysis of regional innovation systems," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 202-220.
- Lehrer, Mark & Asakawa, Kazuhiro & Behnam, Michael, 2011. "Home base-compensating R&D: Indicators, public policy, and ramifications for multinational firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 42-53, March.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation models Global R&D Emerging economy firms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:15:y:2009:i:3:p:328-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.