Forecasting the urban skyline with extreme value theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carpenter, Bob & Gelman, Andrew & Hoffman, Matthew D. & Lee, Daniel & Goodrich, Ben & Betancourt, Michael & Brubaker, Marcus & Guo, Jiqiang & Li, Peter & Riddell, Allen, 2017. "Stan: A Probabilistic Programming Language," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 76(i01).
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Khandakar, Yeasmin, 2008.
"Automatic Time Series Forecasting: The forecast Package for R,"
Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i03).
- Rob J. Hyndman & Yeasmin Khandakar, 2007. "Automatic time series forecasting: the forecast package for R," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Vikki Thompson & Nick J. Dunstone & Adam A. Scaife & Doug M. Smith & Julia M. Slingo & Simon Brown & Stephen E. Belcher, 2017. "High risk of unprecedented UK rainfall in the current climate," Nature Communications, Nature, vol. 8(1), pages 1-6, December.
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk, 2004. "Extreme value theory and Value-at-Risk: Relative performance in emerging markets," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 287-303.
- Fong Chan, Kam & Gray, Philip, 2006. "Using extreme value theory to measure value-at-risk for daily electricity spot prices," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 283-300.
- M. Ghil & P. Yiou & Stéphane Hallegatte & B. D. Malamud & P. Naveau & A. Soloviev & P. Friederichs & V. Keilis-Borok & D. Kondrashov & V. Kossobokov & O. Mestre & C. Nicolis & H. W. Rust & P. Shebalin, 2011. "Extreme events: dynamics, statistics and prediction," Post-Print hal-00716514, HAL.
- Jason Barr & Bruce Mizrach & Kusum Mundra, 2015. "Skyscraper height and the business cycle: separating myth from reality," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 148-160, January.
- Barr, Jason M., 2016. "Building the Skyline: The Birth and Growth of Manhattan's Skyscrapers," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199344369, November.
- Tae-Hwy Lee & Yong Bao & Burak Saltoglu, 2006. "Evaluating predictive performance of value-at-risk models in emerging markets: a reality check," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 101-128.
- Herrera, Rodrigo & González, Nicolás, 2014. "The modeling and forecasting of extreme events in electricity spot markets," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 477-490.
- Cirillo, Pasquale & Taleb, Nassim Nicholas, 2016. "On the statistical properties and tail risk of violent conflicts," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 452(C), pages 29-45.
- Cohen, Barney, 2006. "Urbanization in developing countries: Current trends, future projections, and key challenges for sustainability," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Dimitrakopoulos, Dimitris N. & Kavussanos, Manolis G. & Spyrou, Spyros I., 2010. "Value at risk models for volatile emerging markets equity portfolios," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 515-526, November.
- Szubzda Filip & Chlebus Marcin, 2019.
"Comparison of Block Maxima and Peaks Over Threshold Value-at-Risk models for market risk in various economic conditions,"
Central European Economic Journal, Sciendo, vol. 6(53), pages 70-85, January.
- Szubzda Filip & Chlebus Marcin, 2019. "Comparison of Block Maxima and Peaks Over Threshold Value-at-Risk models for market risk in various economic conditions," Central European Economic Journal, Sciendo, vol. 6(53), pages 70-85, January.
- Santos-Fernandez, Edgar & Ver Hoef, Jay M. & Peterson, Erin E. & McGree, James & Isaak, Daniel J. & Mengersen, Kerrie, 2022. "Bayesian spatio-temporal models for stream networks," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 170(C).
- Louzis, Dimitrios P. & Xanthopoulos-Sisinis, Spyros & Refenes, Apostolos P., 2014. "Realized volatility models and alternative Value-at-Risk prediction strategies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 101-116.
- Herrera, Rodrigo & Rodriguez, Alejandro & Pino, Gabriel, 2017. "Modeling and forecasting extreme commodity prices: A Markov-Switching based extreme value model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 129-143.
- Abad, Pilar & Benito, Sonia, 2013. "A detailed comparison of value at risk estimates," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 258-276.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Barr, Jason, 2022.
"The economics of skyscrapers: A synthesis,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C).
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel & Barr, Jason, 2020. "The economics of skyscrapers: A synthesis," CEPR Discussion Papers 14987, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Jason Barr, 2020. "The Economics of Skyscrapers: A Synthesis," CESifo Working Paper Series 8427, CESifo.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Barr, Jason, 2020. "The economics of skyscrapers: a synthesis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 108469, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Jason Barr, 2020. "The economics of skyscrapers: a synthesis," CEP Discussion Papers dp1704, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Arian, Hamid & Moghimi, Mehrdad & Tabatabaei, Ehsan & Zamani, Shiva, 2022. "Encoded Value-at-Risk: A machine learning approach for portfolio risk measurement," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 202(C), pages 500-525.
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos & Stavros Degiannakis, 2007.
"A robust VaR model under different time periods and weighting schemes,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 187-201, February.
- Angelidis, Timotheos & Benos, Alexandros & Degiannakis, Stavros, 2007. "A Robust VaR Model under Different Time Periods and Weighting Schemes," MPRA Paper 80466, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jason Barr & Jennifer Johnson, 2020. "Skyscrapers and the Happiness of Cities," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 344-377, April.
- Bekiros, Stelios D. & Georgoutsos, Dimitris A., 2008. "The extreme-value dependence of Asia-Pacific equity markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 197-208, July.
- Petropoulos, Fotios & Apiletti, Daniele & Assimakopoulos, Vassilios & Babai, Mohamed Zied & Barrow, Devon K. & Ben Taieb, Souhaib & Bergmeir, Christoph & Bessa, Ricardo J. & Bijak, Jakub & Boylan, Joh, 2022. "Forecasting: theory and practice," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 705-871.
- Louzis, Dimitrios P. & Xanthopoulos-Sisinis, Spyros & Refenes, Apostolos P., 2011. "Are realized volatility models good candidates for alternative Value at Risk prediction strategies?," MPRA Paper 30364, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lu-Tao Zhao & Li-Na Liu & Zi-Jie Wang & Ling-Yun He, 2019. "Forecasting Oil Price Volatility in the Era of Big Data: A Text Mining for VaR Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(14), pages 1-20, July.
- Nieto, Maria Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2016. "Frontiers in VaR forecasting and backtesting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 475-501.
- Assaf, A., 2009. "Extreme observations and risk assessment in the equity markets of MENA region: Tail measures and Value-at-Risk," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 109-116, June.
- repec:agr:journl:v:4(621):y:2019:i:4(621):p:201-218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Posch, Konstantin & Truden, Christian & Hungerländer, Philipp & Pilz, Jürgen, 2022. "A Bayesian approach for predicting food and beverage sales in staff canteens and restaurants," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 321-338.
- Stavros Degiannakis & Christos Floros & Alexandra Livada, 2012. "Evaluating value-at-risk models before and after the financial crisis of 2008: International evidence," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 436-452, March.
- Siva Kiran GUPTHA. K & Prabhakar RAO. R, 2019. "GARCH based VaR estimation: An empirical evidence from BRICS stock markets," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(4(621), W), pages 201-218, Winter.
More about this item
KeywordsDemographic forecasting; Long term forecasting; Probability forecasting; Government forecasting; Population forecasting;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:36:y:2020:i:3:p:814-828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.