Quantity competition with access fees
We analyze an oligopoly model where firms choose both quantities and access fees. Per unit prices are determined endogenously to equate quantity demanded with quantity supplied at each firm. In a Nash equilibrium of the game played by firms, the per unit prices equal mairginal cost and access fees may or may not extract all consumer surplus.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaneko, Mamoru & Yamamoto, Yoshitsugu, 1986. "The existence and computation of competitive equilibria in markets with an indivisible commodity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 118-136, February.
- Mandy, David M, 1992. "Nonuniform Bertrand Competition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1293-30, November.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
- Young, Allan Richard, 1991. "Transaction Cost, Two-Part Tariffs, and Collusion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 581-90, July.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 1985. "Two-Tier Pricing of Shared Facilities in a Free-Entry Equilibrium," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 456-472, Winter.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 1987. "Two-Part Tariffs in a Contestable Natural Monopoly," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 315-16, August.
- Novshek, William., 1984.
"On the Existence of Cournot Equilibrium,"
517, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Castelli, Francesco & Leporelli, Claudio, 1993. "Critical mass of users versus critical mass of services in a multiproduct information service system," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 331-355, December.
- Nicholas Economides & Steven S. Wildman, 1995. "Monopolistic Competition with Two-Part Tariffs," Working Papers 95-10, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1985. "Profit-maximizing clubs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 25-45, June.
- Ireland, Norman J, 1991. "Welfare and Non-linear Pricing in a Cournot Oligopoly," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 949-57, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:19:y:2001:i:3-4:p:345-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.