The carrying capacity and entry and exit flows in retailing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1990. "Towards a Testable Model of Entry: A Study of the U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 57(226), pages 219-238, May.
- De Wit, Gerrit & Van Winden, Frans A. A. M., 1990.
"An empirical analysis of self-employment in the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 97-100, January.
- De Wit, G. & Winden, F., 1989. "An Empirical Analysis Of Self-Employment In The Netherlands," Papers 89.02, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Beesley, M E & Hamilton, R T, 1984. "Small Firms' Seedbed Role and the Concept of Turbulence," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 217-231, December.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Working papers 1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Carree, Martin & Thurik, Roy, 1994.
"The Dynamics of Entry, Exit and Profitability: An Error Correction Approach for the Retail Industry,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 107-116, April.
- Carree, M. & Thutik, R., 1993. "The Dynamics of Entry, Exit and Profitability: An Error Correction Approach for the Retail Industry," Papers 9308-g, Erasmus University of Rotterdam - Institute for Economic Research.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1982. "A new theory of retailing costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 163-186.
- Levy, David, 1987. "The speed of the invisible hand," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 79-92, March.
- Frenk, J. B. G. & Thurik, A. R. & Bout, C. A., 1991. "Labour costs and queueing theory in retailing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 260-267, November.
- Gilbert, Christopher L, 1986. "Professor Hendry's Econometric Methodology," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 283-307, August.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1992. "Sunk Costs and Market Structure: A Review Article," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 125-134, June.
- Baron, James N & Hannan, Michael T, 1994. "The Impact of Economics on Contemporary Sociology," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1111-1146, September.
- Newmark, Craig M., 1990. "A new test of the price-concentration relationship in grocery retailing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 369-373, August.
- Bunch, David S & Smiley, Robert, 1992. "Who Deters Entry? Evidence on the Use of Strategic Entry Deterrents," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 509-521, August.
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1986. "Advertising, Sunk Costs, and Barriers to Entry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 84-95, February.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Peter C. Reiss, 1990. "Entry in Monopoly Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(4), pages 531-553.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1980. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-259.
- Morton I. Kamien & Nancy L. Schwartz, 1983. "Conjectural Variations," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 191-211, May.
- Masson, Robert T & Shaanan, Joseph, 1986. "Excess Capacity and Limit Pricing: An Empirical Test," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(211), pages 365-378, August.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1989. "Small-Firm Entry in U.S. Manufacturing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(222), pages 255-265, May.
- Van Praag, C Mirjam & Van Ophem, Hans, 1995. "Determinants of Willingness and Opportunity to Start as an Entrepreneur," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 513-540.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Carree & Marcus Dejardin, 2007.
"‘Entry Thresholds and Actual Entry and Exit in Local Markets’,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 203-212, June.
- Carree Martin & Dejardin Marcus, 2004. "Entry thresholds and actual entry and exit in local markets," Research Memorandum 048, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Martin Carree & Marcus Dejardin, 2007. "Entry Thresholds and Actual Entry and Exit in Local Markets," Post-Print halshs-00144832, HAL.
- Hans Kuiper, 2011. "A Policy Theory Evaluation of the Dutch SME and Entrepreneurship Policy Program between 1982 and 2003," Scales Research Reports H201117, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Russell, Bonita I. & Shapiro, Daniel & Vining, Aidan R., 2010. "The evolution of the Canadian mining industry: The role of regulatory punctuation," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 90-97, June.
- David Audretsch & Taylor Aldridge & Adam Lederer, 2010. "SMEs, Industry Dynamics and Economic Growth," Chapters,in: Innovation, Economic Growth and the Firm, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fritsch, Michael, 2013.
"New Business Formation and Regional Development: A Survey and Assessment of the Evidence,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship,
now publishers, vol. 9(3), pages 249-364, February.
- Michael Fritsch, 2011. "New Business Formation and Regional Development: A Survey and Assessment of the Evidence," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1127, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Fritsch, 2008. "How does new business formation affect regional development? Introduction to the special issue," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Dennis Fok & Andre van Stel & Andrew Burke & Roy Thurik, 2010. "Industry Dynamics and Entrepreneurship: An Equilibrium Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-012/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 08 Oct 2010.
- Carree, Martin A. & Nijkamp, Joyce, 2001. "Deregulation in retailing: the Dutch experience," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 225-235.
- Sander Wennekers & Roy Thurik & André van Stel & Niels Noorderhaven, 2003.
"Uncertainty Avoidance and the Rate of Business Ownership across 22 OECD Countries, 1976-2000,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
03-089/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 01 Sep 2004.
- Niels Noorderhaven & André van Stel & Roy Thurik & Sander Wennekers, 2005. "Uncertainty Avoidance and the Rate of Business Ownership across 22 OECD Countries, 1976-2000," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-15, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Michelle Haynes & Steve Thompson, 2013. "Entry and Exit Behavior in the Absence of Sunk Costs: Evidence from a Price Comparison Site," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 42(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Dejardin, Marcus, 2002. "Cross-sectoral effects of retailing firm demographies," ERSA conference papers ersa02p292, European Regional Science Association.
- Secil Kaya & Yesim Üçdogruk, 2002. "The dynamics of entry and exit in turkish manufacturing industry," ERC Working Papers 0202, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Feb 2002.
- Werner Hölzl & Sögner Leopold, 2004. "Entry and Exit Dynamics in Austrian Manufacturing," Working Papers geewp36, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Carolina Castaldi & Sandro Sapio, 2008. "Growing like mushrooms? Sectoral evidence from four large European economies," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 509-527, August.
- Andre van Stel & Bart Diephuis, 2004.
"Business dynamics and employment growth: a cross-country analysis,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2004-32, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- André van Stel & Bart Diephuis, 2004. "Business dynamics and employment growth: A cross-country analysis," Scales Research Reports H200310, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Podivinsky, Jan M. & Stewart, Geoff, 2007. "Why is labour-managed firm entry so rare?: An analysis of UK manufacturing data," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 177-192, May.
- Martin Carree, 2002. "Does Unemployment Affect the Number of Establishments? A Regional Analysis for US States," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 389-398.
- Podivinsky, Jan & Stewart, Geoff, 2003. "Why are labour-managed firms so rare? An analysis of entry using UK panel data," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0402, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:17:y:1999:i:7:p:985-1007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.