Interconnection, differentiation and bottlenecks in the Internet
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Giovannetti, E., 2000. "Interconnection, Differentiation and Bottlenecks in the Internet," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0011, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrick Rey & Jean Tirole, 1998. "Network Competition: I. Overview and Nondiscriminatory Pricing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 1-37, Spring.
- Mackie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.R., 1993. "Pricing the Internet," Memorandum 20/1993, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Armstrong, Mark & Doyle, Chris & Vickers, John, 1996.
"The Access Pricing Problem: A Synthesis,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 131-150, June.
- Armstrong, M. & Doyle, C. & Vickers, J., 1995. "The access pricing problem: a synthesis," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9532, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Estache, Antonio & Valletti, Tommaso, 1999.
"The Theory of Access Pricing: an Overview for Infrastructure Regulators,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2133, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Valletti, Tommaso M. & Estache, Antonio, 1999. "The theory of access pricing : an overview for infrastructure regulators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2097, The World Bank.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1999. "The Telecommunications Act of 1996 and its impact1," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 455-483, December.
- Armstrong, Mark, 1998. "Network Interconnection in Telecommunications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 545-564, May.
- Armstrong, M., 1996. "Network interconnection," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9625, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Joseph J. Spengler, 1950. "Vertical Integration and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 347-347.
- Nicholas S. Economides & Glenn A. Woroch, 1992. "Benefits and Pitfalls of Network Interconnection," Working Papers 92-31, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1998. "The incentive for non-price discrimination by an input monopolist," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 271-284, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jahn, Eric & Prüfer, Jens, 2008.
"Interconnection and competition among asymmetric networks in the Internet backbone market,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 243-256, September.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Discussion Paper 2006-122, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Discussion Paper 2006-033, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- D'Ignazio, Alessio & Giovannetti, Emanuele, 2009.
"Asymmetry and discrimination in Internet peering: evidence from the LINX,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 441-448, May.
- Alessio D'Ignazio & Emanuele Giovannetti, 2008. "Asymmetry and Discrimination in Internet Peering Evidence from the LINX," Working Papers 102, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Emanuele Giovanetti, 2005. "Diagonal mergers and foreclosure in the internet," Working Papers 80, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- D’Ignazio, Alessio & Giovannetti, Emanuele, 2014. "Continental differences in the clusters of integration: Empirical evidence from the digital commodities global supply chain networks," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 486-497.
- D’Ignazio, A. & Giovannetti, E., 2006. "‘Unfair’ Discrimination in Two-sided Peering? Evidence from LINX," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0621, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Giovannetti, E., 2003. "‘How Different is Wireless Access? Implications for Internet Mergers," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0307, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Yong Tan & I. Robert Chiang & Vijay S. Mookerjee, 2006. "An Economic Analysis of Interconnection Arrangements Between Internet Backbone Providers," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 54(4), pages 776-788, August.
- D'Ignazio, A. & Giovannetti, E., 2004. "From Exogenous to Endogenous Networks: Internet Applications," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0445, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- D'Ignazio, Alessio & Giovannetti, Emanuele, 2012. "Clustering, connectivity and hierarchies in the internet global supply chain networks," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60372, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Gireesh Shrimali, 2010. "Competitive resource sharing by Internet Service Providers," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 149-179, July.
More about this item
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:14:y:2002:i:3:p:385-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.