‘Unfair’ Discrimination in Two-sided Peering? Evidence from LINX
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cremer, Jacques & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 2000. "Connectivity in the Commercial Internet," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 433-472, December.
- Narine Badasyan & Subhadip Chakrabarti, 2003. "Private Peering Among Internet Backbone Providers," Industrial Organization 0301002, EconWPA, revised 20 Jan 2003.
- Takanori Ida, 2005. "Analysis of Internet topology with a three-level components model," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(8), pages 527-534.
- Pio Baake & Thorsten Wichmann, 1999. "On the economics of Internet peering," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 89-105, October.
- Foros, Oystein & Kind, Hans Jarle & Sorgard, Lars, 2002.
"Access Pricing, Quality Degradation, and Foreclosure in the Internet,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 59-83, July.
- Foros, Oystein & Kind, Hans Jarle & SÃ¸rgard, Lars, 2003. "Access Pricing, Quality Degradation, and Foreclosure in the Internet," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt62p0k04c, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Foros, Oystein & Hansen, Bjorn, 2001. "Competition and compatibility among Internet Service Providers," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 411-425, December.
- Martin B. Weiss & Seung Jae Shin, 2004. "Internet Interconnection Economic Model and its Analysis: Peering and Settlement," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 43-57, April.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Wolinsky, Asher, 1996.
"A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 44-74, October.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1994. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1995. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Giovannetti, Emanuele, 2002.
"Interconnection, differentiation and bottlenecks in the Internet,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 385-404, September.
- Giovannetti, E., 2000. "Interconnection, Differentiation and Bottlenecks in the Internet," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0011, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mason, R., 1999. "Compatibility between differentiated networks," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9909, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 2000. "A Noncooperative Model of Network Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1181-1230, September.
More about this item
KeywordsInternet Peering; Two-sided Markets; Network Industries; Antitrust;
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-03-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2006-03-05 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2006-03-05 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .