Do consumer expectations match experience? Predicting the influence of price and country of origin on perceptions of product quality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Canfei He, 2003.
"Location of foreign manufacturers in China: Agglomeration economies and country of origin effects,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 82(3), pages 351-372, September.
- Canfei He, 2003. "Location of foreign manufacturers in China: Agglomeration economies and country of origin effects," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 82(3), pages 351-372, September.
- Manrai, Lalita A. & Lascu, Dana-Nicoleta & Manrai, Ajay K., 1998. "Interactive effects of country of origin and product category on product evaluations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 591-615, November.
- Green, Paul E & Srinivasan, V, 1978. "Conjoint Analysis in Consumer Research: Issues and Outlook," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 103-123, Se.
- Paul Chao, 1989. "Export and Reverse Investment: Strategic Implications for Newly Industrialized Countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 20(1), pages 75-91, March.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 2000. "Knowledge Calibration: What Consumers Know and What They Think They Know," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 123-156, September.
- Warren J Bilkey & Erik Nes, 1982. "Country-of-Origin Effects on Product Evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 13(1), pages 89-100, March.
- Eriksson, Kent & Hadjikhani, Amjad, 2000. "Perceptual product connection in an international context," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 301-320, June.
- Wansink, Brian & Park, Sea Bum & Sonka, Steven T. & Morganosky, Michelle A., 2000. "How Soy Labeling Influences Preference And Taste," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 3(1), pages 1-10.
- Erickson, Gary M & Johansson, Johny K, 1985. "The Role of Price in Multi-attribute Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 195-199, September.
- Maheswaran, Durairaj, 1994. "Country of Origin as a Stereotype: Effects of Consumer Expertise and Attribute Strength on Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 354-365, September.
- Pechmann, Cornelia & Ratneshwar, S, 1992. "Consumer Covariation Judgments: Theory or Data Driven?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 373-386, December.
- Srinivasan, Narasimhan & Jain, Subhash C. & Sikand, Kiranjit, 2004. "An experimental study of two dimensions of country-of-origin (manufacturing country and branding country) using intrinsic and extrinsic cues," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 65-82, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catherine Viot, 2012. "Subjective knowledge, product attributes and consideration set : the wine case," Post-Print hal-01803724, HAL.
- Roxana-Denisa G. STOENESCU, 2014. "Stereotypes In Consumers’ Product Evaluation Based On The Country-Of-Origin," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 5, pages 623-630, November.
- Resano, Helena & Sanjuán, Ana I. & Albisu, Luis M., 2012. "Consumers’ response to the EU Quality policy allowing for heterogeneous preferences," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 355-365.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chang, Chi-Ya & Yansritakul, Chutinart, 2017. "Exploring purchase intention of green skincare products using the theory of planned behavior: Testing the moderating effects of country of origin and price sensitivity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-152.
- Garavaglia, Christian & Mariani, Paolo, 2015. "How Much Do Consumers Value PDO Certifications? Estimates of WTP for PDO Dry-Cured Ham in Italy," 145th Seminar, April 14-15, 2015, Parma, Italy 200376, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bonnet, Céline & Hilger, James & Villas-Boas, Sofia B., 2017. "Reduced Form Evidence on Belief Updating under Asymmetric Information - The Case of Wine Expert Opinions," TSE Working Papers 17-834, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised May 2019.
- Costa, Camila & Carneiro, Jorge & Goldszmidt, Rafael, 2016. "A contingent approach to country-of-origin effects on foreign products evaluation: Interaction of facets of country image with product classes," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1066-1075.
- Shathees Baskaran & Salahuddin Ahmad Ayob & Ng Chun Howe & Nomahaza Mahadi, 2017. "Understanding Purchase Intention of Ready-to-Eat Food among Malaysian Urbanites: A Proposed Framework," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 7(11), pages 566-579, November.
- Christian Garavaglia & Paolo Mariani, 2017. "How Much Do Consumers Value Protected Designation of Origin Certifications? Estimates of willingness to Pay for PDO Dry‐Cured Ham in Italy," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(3), pages 403-423, June.
- Peter Magnusson & Stanford A. Westjohn & Nancy J. Sirianni, 2019. "Beyond country image favorability: How brand positioning via country personality stereotypes enhances brand evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 50(3), pages 318-338, April.
- Godey, Bruno & Pederzoli, Daniele & Aiello, Gaetano & Donvito, Raffaele & Chan, Priscilla & Oh, Hyunjoo & Singh, Rahul & Skorobogatykh, Irina I. & Tsuchiya, Junji & Weitz, Bart, 2012.
"Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1461-1470.
- Bruno Godey & Daniele Pederzoli & Gaetano Aiello & Raffaele Donvito & Priscilla Chan & Hyunjoo Oh & Rahul Singh & Irina Skorobogatykh & Junji Tsuchiya & Bart Weitz, 2012. "Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products," Post-Print hal-00822005, HAL.
- Bruhn, Manfred & Batt, Verena, 2015. "Swissness Communication and its Impact on Consumer-Brand Relationships," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 69(2), pages 116-131.
- Vendrell-Herrero, Ferran & Gomes, Emanuel & Collinson, Simon & Parry, Glenn & Bustinza, Oscar F., 2018. "Selling digital services abroad: How do extrinsic attributes influence foreign consumers’ purchase intentions?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 173-185.
More about this item
KeywordsConjoint analysis COO Country of origin Extrinsic cues Intrinsic cues Price Sensory perceptions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:18:y:2009:i:2:p:134-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.