Physician dual practice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paxson, Christina H & Sicherman, Nachum, 1996. "The Dynamics of Dual Job Holding and Job Mobility," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 357-393, July.
- Gruen, Reinhold & Anwar, Raqibul & Begum, Tahmina & Killingsworth, James R. & Normand, Charles, 2002. "Dual job holding practitioners in Bangladesh: an exploration," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 267-279, January.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Pau Olivella, 2005.
"Waiting Lists and Patient Selection,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 623-646, September.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Pau Olivella, "undated". "Waiting Lists And Patient Selection," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 444.99, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Pau Olivella Cunill & Pedro Pita Barros, 2000. "Waiting Lists and Patient Selection," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0283, Econometric Society.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita, 2000. "Waiting Lists and Patient Selection," CEPR Discussion Papers 2519, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Banerjee, A.V., 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," Working papers 97-4, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Physician agency," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 461-536 Elsevier.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Lang, Kevin, 1994.
"Does the Human-Capital/Educational-Sorting Debate Matter for Development Policy?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 353-358, March.
- Kevin Lang, 1992. "Does the Human-Capital/Educational-Sorting Debate Matter for Development Policy?," NBER Working Papers 4052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anupa Bir & Karen Eggleston, 2003. "Physician Dual Practice: Access Enhancement or Demand Inducement?," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0311, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- David Dranove & Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1992. "Monopolistic Competition When Price and Quality are Imperfectly Observable," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(4), pages 518-534, Winter.
- Mitchell, Jean M. & Sass, Tim R., 1995. "Physician ownership of ancillary services: Indirect demand inducement or quality assurance?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 263-289, August.
- Rickman, Neil & McGuire, Alistair, 1999. "Regulating Providers' Reimbursement in a Mixed Market for Health Care," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 46(1), pages 53-71, February.
- Miller, Nolan H., 2005. "Pricing health benefits: A cost-minimization approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 931-949, September.
- Holmstrom, Bengt, 1999. "The Firm as a Subeconomy," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 74-102, April.
- Cutler, David, 2002. "Equality, Efficiency, and Market Fundamentals: The Dynamics of International Medical Care Reform," Scholarly Articles 2640584, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David M. Cutler, 2002. "Equality, Efficiency, and Market Fundamentals: The Dynamics of International Medical-Care Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 881-906, September.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1289-1332.
- Szende, Agota & Culyer, Anthony Johr, 2006. "The inequity of informal payments for health care: The case of Hungary," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 262-271, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Socha, Karolina, 2010. "A survey investigation of public hospital physicians’ working time, income and work satisfaction in the primary and secondary job: Descriptive statistics," COHERE Working Paper 2010:2, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research, University of Southern Denmark.
- Godager, Geir, 2009. "Four Empirical Essays on the Market for General Practitioners' Services," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2009:7, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Meliala, Andreasta & Hort, Krishna & Trisnantoro, Laksono, 2013. "Addressing the unequal geographic distribution of specialist doctors in Indonesia: The role of the private sector and effectiveness of current regulations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 30-34.
- González, Paula & Macho-Stadler, Inés, 2013.
"A theoretical approach to dual practice regulations in the health sector,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 66-87.
- Paula González & Inés Macho-Stadler, 2011. "A Theoretical Approach to Dual Practice Regulations in the Health Sector," Working Papers 11.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Paula González & Gabriel Montes-Rojas & Sarmistha Pal, 2017.
"Dual Practice by Health Workers: Theory and Evidence from Indonesia,"
17.12, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Gonzalez, Paula & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel V. & Pal, Sarmistha, 2017. "Dual Practice by Health Workers: Theory and Evidence from Indonesia," IZA Discussion Papers 11038, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Johar, Meliyanni, 2010. "The effect of a public health card program on the supply of health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1527-1535, May.
- Kuhn, Michael & Nuscheler, Robert, 2013. "Saving the public from the private? Incentives and outcomes in dual practice," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 02/2013, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Fabbri, Daniele & Monfardini, Chiara, 2009.
"Rationing the public provision of healthcare in the presence of private supplements: Evidence from the Italian NHS,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 290-304.
- Daniele Fabbri & Chiara Monfardini, 2006. "Rationing the Public Provision of Health Care in the Presence of Private Supplements: Evidence from the Italian NHS," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Daniele Fabbri & Chiara Monfardini, 2006. "Rationing The Public Provision Of Healthcare In The Presence Of Private Supplements: Evidence From The Italian Nhs," CHILD Working Papers wp21_06, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Garcia-Prado, Ariadna & Gonzalez, Paula, 2007. "Policy and regulatory responses to dual practice in the health sector," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(2-3), pages 142-152, December.
- Russo, Giuliano & Rego, Inês & Perelman, Julian & Barros, Pedro Pita, 2016. "A tale of loss of privilege, resilience and change: the impact of the economic crisis on physicians and medical services in Portugal," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(9), pages 1079-1086.
- Socha, Karolina, 2010. "Physician dual practice and the public health care provision. Review of the literature," COHERE Working Paper 2010:4, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research, University of Southern Denmark.
- Socha, Karolina Z. & Bech, Mickael, 2011. "Physician dual practice: A review of literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 1-7, September.
- Geir Godager & Hilde Lurås, 2009. "Dual job holding general practitioners: the effect of patient shortage," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(10), pages 1133-1145.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:78:y:2006:i:2-3:p:157-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .