Measuring operational efficiency in a health care system: A case study from Thailand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Horev, Tuvia & Pesis-Katz, Irena & Mukamel, Dana B., 2004. "Trends in geographic disparities in allocation of health care resources in the US," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 223-232, May.
- Jeppsson, Anders & Birungi, Harriet & Ostergren, Per-Olof & Hagstrom, Bo, 2005. "The global-local dilemma of a Ministry of Health: Experiences from Uganda," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 311-320, June.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Christensen, Laurits R, 1974. "Testing for the Existence of a Consistent Aggregate Index of Labor Inputs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 391-404, June.
- Nathalie Bosmans & Fabienne Fecher, 1995. "Performance of Belgian hospitals: A frontier approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(5), pages 389-397, September.
- Sanz, Ismael & Velazquez, Francisco J, 2003. "What do OECD countries cut first at a time of fiscal adjustments? A dynamic panel data approach," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4j744960, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Albert Okunade, 2001. "Cost-Output Relation, Technological Progress, and Clinical Activity Mix of US Hospital Pharmacies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 167-193, September.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Physician agency," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 461-536 Elsevier.
- Anthony Scott & David Parkin, 1995. "Investigating hospital efficiency in the new NHS: The role of the translog cost function," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(6), pages 467-478, November.
- Albert A. Okunade, 2003. "Are Factor Substitutions in HMO Industry Operations Cost Saving?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 800-821, April.
- Parkhurst, Justin Oliver & Penn-Kekana, Loveday & Blaauw, Duane & Balabanova, Dina & Danishevski, Kirill & Rahman, Syed Azizur & Onama, Virgil & Ssengooba, Freddie, 2005. "Health systems factors influencing maternal health services: a four-country comparison," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 127-138, August.
- Murray, Christopher J. L., 1995. "Towards an analytical approach to health sector reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 93-109.
- Ogaki, Masao, 1990. "The Indirect and Direct Substition Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1271-1275, December.
- Rainer Thiele, 2003.
"The social impact of structural adjustment in Bolivia,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 299-319.
- Thiele, Rainer, 2001. "The social impact of structural adjustment in Bolivia," Kiel Working Papers 1056, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 2003. "A cost function analysis of import demand and growth in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 425-442, April.
- Hadley, Jack & Zuckerman, Stephen, 1994. "The role of efficiency measurement in hospital rate setting," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 335-340, October.
- Solow, John L, 1987. "The Capital-Energy Complementarity Debate Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 605-614, September.
- Okunade, Albert A. & Murthy, Vasudeva N. R., 2002. "Technology as a 'major driver' of health care costs: a cointegration analysis of the Newhouse conjecture," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Blackorby, Charles & Russell, R Robert, 1989. "Will the Real Elasticity of Substitution Please Stand Up? (A Comparison of the Allen/Uzawa and Morishima Elasticities)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 882-888, September.
- Kim, Jiyun & Ko, Sukyoung & Yang, Bongmin, 2005. "The effects of patient cost sharing on ambulatory utilization in South Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 293-300, June.
- Wiegers, T. A., 2003. "General practitioners and their role in maternity care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 51-59, October.
- Jensen, Gail A & Morrisey, Michael A, 1986. "The Role of Physicians in Hospital Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 432-442, August.
- Reinhardt, U, 1972. "A Product Function for Physician Services," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(1), pages 55-66, February.
- Albert A. Okunade & Chutima Suraratdecha, 1998. "Cost efficiency, factor interchange, and technical progress in US specialized hospital pharmacies," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 363-371.
- Germano Mwabu & Martha Ainsworth & Andrew Nyamete, 1993. "Quality of Medical Care and Choice of Medical Treatment in Kenya: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 838-862.
- Maynard, Alan, 1994. "Can competition enhance efficiency in health care? Lessons from the reform of the U.K. National Health Service," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1433-1445, November.
- Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter, 2005. "Health sector reform in Argentina: a cautionary tale," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 1893-1903, April.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1983. "Estimating a Household Production Function: Heterogeneity, the Demand for Health Inputs, and Their Effects on Birth Weight," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 723-746, October.
- Rivera, Berta & Currais, Luis, 1999. "Income Variation and Health Expenditure: Evidence for OECD Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 258-267, October.
- Berman, Peter, 1995. "Health sector reform: making health development sustainable," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 13-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Chinho & Tsai, Hua-Ling & Wu, Ju-Chuan, 2014. "Collaboration strategy decision-making using the Miles and Snow typology," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(9), pages 1979-1990.
- Murthy, Vasudeva N.R. & Okunade, Albert A., 2009. "The core determinants of health expenditure in the African context: Some econometric evidence for policy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 57-62, June.
- Thoresen, Stian H. & Fielding, Angela, 2011. "Universal health care in Thailand: Concerns among the health care workforce," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 17-22, January.
- Rajitkanok Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2008. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals during the introduction of universal health coverage using capitation," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 319-338, December.
- World Bank, 2009. "Serbia - Baseline Survey on Cost and Efficiency in Primary Health Care Centers Before Provider Payment Reforms," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3036, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:77:y:2006:i:1:p:2-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.