Are physician and non-physician providers of outpatient mental healthcare substitutes or complements? a conceptual clarification
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-383, June.
- Charles Blackorby & Daniel Primont & R. Russell, 2007.
"The Morishima gross elasticity of substitution,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 203-208, December.
- Blackorby, Charles & Primont, Daniel & Russell, R. Robert, 2007. "The Morishima Gross Elasticity of Substitution," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 787, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ewis, Nabil A & Fisher, Douglas, 1984. "The Translog Utility Function and the Demand for Money in the United States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 34-52, February.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R, 1980. "Global Properties of Flexible Functional Forms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 422-432, June.
- Partha Deb & Ann M. Holmes, 1998. "Substitution of physicians and other providers in outpatient mental health care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 347-361.
- Davis, George C & Gauger, Jean, 1996. "Measuring Substitution in Monetary-Asset Demand Systems," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(2), pages 203-208, April.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Manning, Willard G. & Wells, Kenneth B., 1988. "The demand for episodes of mental health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-392, December.
More about this item
KeywordsTranslog inverse utility function; Outpatient mental healthcare; Demand response; Own- and cross-price elasticity of demand; Elasticities of substitution (net; gross);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:hcarem:v:11:y:2008:i:4:p:393-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.