The effect of price on counselling sessions attended by depression patients
We estimate the price elasticity of counselling sessions attended by outpatient depression treatment recipients. Instrumental variable regression indicates a significant negative price elasticity ranging between -0.26 and -0.35 that is not apparent from ordinary least squares regression.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1986. "Cost Sharing and Patterns of Mental Health Care Utilization," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(3), pages 359-379.
- Frank, Richard G. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Economics and mental health," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 893-954 Elsevier.
- Richard M. Scheffler & Carolyn A. Watts, 1986. "Determinants of Inpatient Mental Health Use in a Heavily Insured Population," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(3), pages 338-358.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Manning, Willard G. & Wells, Kenneth B., 1988. "The demand for episodes of mental health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-392, December.
- Haas-Wilson, Deborah & Scheffler, Richard & Cheadle, A, 1989. "Demand for Mental Health Services: An Episode of Treatment Approach," MPRA Paper 19862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:10:y:2003:i:14:p:899-903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.