The Translog Utility Function and the Demand for Money in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F, 1975. "Short-Term Interest Rates as Predictors of Inflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 269-282, June.
- Barro, Robert J, 1970.
"Inflation, the Payments Period, and the Demand for Money,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 1228-1263, Nov.-Dec..
- Barro, Robert J., 1970. "Inflation, the Payments Period, and the Demand for Money," Scholarly Articles 3451392, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 326-334, June.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Policano, Andrew J, 1975. "Money Balances, Commodity Inventories, and Inflationary Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1093-1112, December.
- Feige, Edgar L & Parkin, Michael, 1971. "The Optimal Quantity of Money, Bonds, Commodity Inventories, and Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 335-349, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James M. Poterba & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1986.
"Money in the Utility Function: An Empirical Implementation,"
408, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- James M. Poterba & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1986. "Money in the Utility Function: An Empirical Implementation," NBER Working Papers 1796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fleissig, Adrian & Swofford, James L., 1996. "A dynamic asymptotically ideal model of money demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 371-380, April.
- Sharma, Subhash C. & Kandil, Magda & Chaisrisawatsuk, Santi, 2005. "Currency substitution in Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 489-532, June.
- Albert Okunade & Vasudeva Murthy, 2008. "Are physician and non-physician providers of outpatient mental healthcare substitutes or complements? a conceptual clarification," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 393-398, December.
- Jaime R. Marquez, 1985. "Currency substitution and the new divisia monetary aggregates : the U. S. case," International Finance Discussion Papers 257, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Drake, Leigh & Fleissig, Adrian R., 2010. "Substitution between monetary assets and consumer goods: New evidence on the monetary transmission mechanism," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2811-2821, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:16:y:1984:i:1:p:34-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.