Optimum harvesting time and clone choices for eucalyptus growers in Vietnam
This paper investigates the productivity and optimal rotation for economic timber management of Eucalyptus urophylla S.T Blake clones being planted in Northeast Vietnam in Fluvic Gleysol and Ferric Acrisol soils. In the first section of the paper, timber yield functions for all eucalyptus monoculture clones and seedlings are identified. Next, the biological optimum rotation period for maximizing sustained yield is calculated based on the yield functions for each soil type. In the last section, the economically optimal rotation (EOR) lengths for all clones and seedlings planted in the two types of soil are calculated using a modified Faustmann model.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Binkley, Clark S., 1987. "When is the optimal economic rotation longer than the rotation of maximum sustained yield?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 152-158, June.
- Nguyen Nghia Bien, 2006. "Why Do Farmers Choose to Harvest Small-Sized Timber? A Survey in YenBai Province, Northern Vietnam," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper tp200607t2, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Jul 2006.
- Olschewski, Roland & Benítez, Pablo C., 2010. "Optimizing joint production of timber and carbon sequestration of afforestation projects," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Thomas Dufhues & Franz Heidhues & Gertrud Buchenrieder, 2004. "Participatory Product Design by Using Conjoint Analysis in the Rural Financial Market of Northern Vietnam," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 81-114, 03.
- David J. Pannell, 1996. "Lessons from a Decade of Whole-Farm Modeling in Western Australia," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 373-383.
- Bao Duong, Pham & Izumida, Yoichi, 2002. "Rural Development Finance in Vietnam: A Microeconometric Analysis of Household Surveys," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 319-335, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:15:y:2012:i:c:p:60-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.