The impact of subsidies on overcapacity: A comparison of wind and solar energy companies in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Tian-Pau & Liu, Feng-Jiao & Ko, Hong-Hsi & Cheng, Shih-Ping & Sun, Li-Chung & Kuo, Shye-Chorng, 2014. "Comparative analysis on power curve models of wind turbine generator in estimating capacity factor," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 88-95.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1996.
"Inference When a Nuisance Parameter Is Not Identified under the Null Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 413-430, March.
- Hansen, B.E., 1991. "Inference when a Nuisance Parameter is Not Identified Under the Null Hypothesis," RCER Working Papers 296, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "TAR: RATS procedure to estimate a threshold autoregression, tests for threshold effect," Statistical Software Components RTS00209, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's threshold estimation and testing results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00091, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Macintosh, Andrew & Wilkinson, Deb, 2011. "Searching for public benefits in solar subsidies: A case study on the Australian government's residential photovoltaic rebate program," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3199-3209, June.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1999.
"Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing, and inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 345-368, December.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 1997. "Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing and inference," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 365, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Briggs, R.J. & Kleit, Andrew, 2013. "Resource adequacy reliability and the impacts of capacity subsidies in competitive electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 297-305.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jiang, Zhujun, 2011. "Estimates of energy subsidies in China and impact of energy subsidy reform," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-283, March.
- Boccard, Nicolas, 2009. "Capacity factor of wind power realized values vs. estimates," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2679-2688, July.
- Reichenbach, Johanna & Requate, Till, 2012.
"Subsidies for renewable energies in the presence of learning effects and market power,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 236-254.
- Reichenbach, Johanna & Requate, Till, 2011. "Subsidies for renewable energies in the presence of learning effects and market power," Kiel Working Papers 1689, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Batlle, Carlos, 2011. "A method for allocating renewable energy source subsidies among final energy consumers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2586-2595, May.
- Wang, Yong-hua & Luo, Guo-liang & Guo, Yi-wei, 2014. "Why is there overcapacity in China's PV industry in its early growth stage?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 188-194.
- Shahverdi, M. & Moghaddas-Tafreshi, S.M. & Mazzola, Michael S. & Kaviani, A.K., 2014. "Impacts of reforming energy subsidies on small scale generator business in Iran," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 679-689.
- Flora, Rui & Marques, António Cardoso & Fuinhas, José Alberto, 2014. "Wind power idle capacity in a panel of European countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 823-830.
- Shen, Jianfei & Luo, Chen, 2015. "Overall review of renewable energy subsidy policies in China – Contradictions of intentions and effects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1478-1488.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Boqiang & He, Jiaxin, 2017. "Is biomass power a good choice for governments in China?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1218-1230.
- Wang, Delu & Wang, Yadong & Song, Xuefeng & Liu, Yun, 2018. "Coal overcapacity in China: Multiscale analysis and prediction," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 244-257.
- Rupayan Pal & Ruichao Song, 2019. "Externalities, entry bias and optimal subsidy policy in oligopoly," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2019-028, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Ma, Teng & Takeuchi, Kenji, 2017.
"Technology choice for reducing NOx emissions: An empirical study of Chinese power plants,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 362-376.
- Teng Ma & Kenji Takeuchi, 2016. "Technology Choice for Reducing NOx Emissions: An Empirical Study of Chinese Power Plants," Discussion Papers 1644, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- García-Álvarez, María Teresa & Cabeza-García, Laura & Soares, Isabel, 2018. "Assessment of energy policies to promote photovoltaic generation in the European Union," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 864-874.
- Zhang, M.M. & Zhou, D.Q. & Zhou, P. & Chen, H.T., 2017. "Optimal design of subsidy to stimulate renewable energy investments: The case of China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 873-883.
- Zhishuang Zhu & Hua Liao, 2019. "Do subsidies improve the financial performance of renewable energy companies? Evidence from China," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 95(1), pages 241-256, January.
- Wang, Delu & Wan, Kaidi & Song, Xuefeng & Liu, Yun, 2019. "Provincial allocation of coal de-capacity targets in China in terms of cost, efficiency, and fairness," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 109-128.
- Pan, Yingjie & Yao, Xing & Wang, Xin & Zhu, Lei, 2019. "Policy uncertainties: What investment choice for solar panel producers?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 454-467.
- Li, Wei & Lu, Can & Ding, Yi & Zhang, Yan-Wu, 2017. "The impacts of policy mix for resolving overcapacity in heavy chemical industry and operating national carbon emission trading market in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 509-524.
- Zheng-Xia He & Shi-Chun Xu & Qin-Bin Li & Bin Zhao, 2018. "Factors That Influence Renewable Energy Technological Innovation in China: A Dynamic Panel Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-30, January.
More about this item
KeywordsSubsidy; Overcapacity; Renewable energy companies; Threshold regression;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:94:y:2016:i:c:p:821-827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.