Optimization of transit bus fleet's life cycle assessment impacts with alternative fuel options
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Noori, Mehdi & Tatari, Omer & Nam, BooHyun & Golestani, Behnam & Greene, James, 2014. "A stochastic optimization approach for the selection of reflective cracking mitigation techniques," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 367-378.
- Hu, Xiaosong & Murgovski, Nikolce & Johannesson, Lars & Egardt, Bo, 2013. "Energy efficiency analysis of a series plug-in hybrid electric bus with different energy management strategies and battery sizes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1001-1009.
- Noori, Mehdi & Gardner, Stephanie & Tatari, Omer, 2015. "Electric vehicle cost, emissions, and water footprint in the United States: Development of a regional optimization model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 610-625.
- Wang, Renjie & Wu, Ye & Ke, Wenwei & Zhang, Shaojun & Zhou, Boya & Hao, Jiming, 2015. "Can propulsion and fuel diversity for the bus fleet achieve the win–win strategy of energy conservation and environmental protection?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 92-103.
- Muller, Nicholas Z. & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2007. "Measuring the damages of air pollution in the United States," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Arteconi, A. & Brandoni, C. & Evangelista, D. & Polonara, F., 2010. "Life-cycle greenhouse gas analysis of LNG as a heavy vehicle fuel in Europe," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 2005-2013, June.
- Zhang, Shaojun & Wu, Ye & Hu, Jingnan & Huang, Ruikun & Zhou, Yu & Bao, Xiaofeng & Fu, Lixin & Hao, Jiming, 2014. "Can Euro V heavy-duty diesel engines, diesel hybrid and alternative fuel technologies mitigate NOX emissions? New evidence from on-road tests of buses in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 118-126.
- Dong, C. & Huang, G.H. & Cai, Y.P. & Liu, Y., 2012. "An inexact optimization modeling approach for supporting energy systems planning and air pollution mitigation in Beijing city," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 673-688.
- De Filippo, Giovanni & Marano, Vincenzo & Sioshansi, Ramteen, 2014. "Simulation of an electric transportation system at The Ohio State University," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1686-1691.
- Tzeng, Gwo-Hshiung & Lin, Cheng-Wei & Opricovic, Serafim, 2005. "Multi-criteria analysis of alternative-fuel buses for public transportation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1373-1383, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harris, Andrew & Soban, Danielle & Smyth, Beatrice M. & Best, Robert, 2018. "Assessing life cycle impacts and the risk and uncertainty of alternative bus technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 569-579.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:4:p:230:d:66367 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Yang & Noori, Mehdi & Tatari, Omer, 2016. "Vehicle to Grid regulation services of electric delivery trucks: Economic and environmental benefit analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 161-175.
- Tan, Kang Miao & Ramachandaramurthy, Vigna K. & Yong, Jia Ying, 2016. "Optimal vehicle to grid planning and scheduling using double layer multi-objective algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1060-1073.
- Lajunen, Antti & Lipman, Timothy, 2016. "Lifecycle cost assessment and carbon dioxide emissions of diesel, natural gas, hybrid electric, fuel cell hybrid and electric transit buses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 329-342.
- Bitzan, John D. & Ripplinger, David G., 2016. "Public transit and alternative fuels – The costs associated with using biodiesel and CNG in comparison to diesel for U.S. public transit systems," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 17-30.
- Rogge, Matthias & van der Hurk, Evelien & Larsen, Allan & Sauer, Dirk Uwe, 2018. "Electric bus fleet size and mix problem with optimization of charging infrastructure," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 282-295.
- Rupp, Matthias & Handschuh, Nils & Rieke, Christian & Kuperjans, Isabel, 2019. "Contribution of country-specific electricity mix and charging time to environmental impact of battery electric vehicles: A case study of electric buses in Germany," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 237(C), pages 618-634.
More about this item
KeywordsMulti objective linear programming; Environmental–life cycle assessment; Life cycle cost; Transit bus; CO2 emission mitigation; Air pollutant related health and environmental damage cost;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:93:y:2015:i:p1:p:323-334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.