Real-world performance of battery electric buses and their life-cycle benefits with respect to energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Shaojun & Wu, Ye & Liu, Huan & Huang, Ruikun & Un, Puikei & Zhou, Yu & Fu, Lixin & Hao, Jiming, 2014. "Real-world fuel consumption and CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions by driving conditions for light-duty passenger vehicles in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 247-257.
- Zhang, Shaojun & Wu, Ye & Liu, Huan & Huang, Ruikun & Yang, Liuhanzi & Li, Zhenhua & Fu, Lixin & Hao, Jiming, 2014. "Real-world fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of urban public buses in Beijing," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1645-1655.
- Suh, In-Soo & Lee, Minyoung & Kim, Jedok & Oh, Sang Taek & Won, Jong-Phil, 2015. "Design and experimental analysis of an efficient HVAC (heating, ventilation, air-conditioning) system on an electric bus with dynamic on-road wireless charging," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 262-273.
- Wang, Renjie & Wu, Ye & Ke, Wenwei & Zhang, Shaojun & Zhou, Boya & Hao, Jiming, 2015. "Can propulsion and fuel diversity for the bus fleet achieve the win–win strategy of energy conservation and environmental protection?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 92-103.
- Zhang, Shaojun & Wu, Ye & Hu, Jingnan & Huang, Ruikun & Zhou, Yu & Bao, Xiaofeng & Fu, Lixin & Hao, Jiming, 2014. "Can Euro V heavy-duty diesel engines, diesel hybrid and alternative fuel technologies mitigate NOX emissions? New evidence from on-road tests of buses in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 118-126.
- Millo, Federico & Rolando, Luciano & Fuso, Rocco & Mallamo, Fabio, 2014. "Real CO2 emissions benefits and end user’s operating costs of a plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 563-571.
- Juul, Nina, 2012. "Battery prices and capacity sensitivity: Electric drive vehicles," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 403-410.
- Smith, William J., 2010. "Can EV (electric vehicles) address Ireland’s CO2 emissions from transport?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4514-4521.
- Nansai, Keisuke & Tohno, Susumu & Kono, Motoki & Kasahara, Mikio, 2002. "Effects of electric vehicles (EV) on environmental loads with consideration of regional differences of electric power generation and charging characteristic of EV users in Japan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 111-125, February.
- Marshall, Brandon M. & Kelly, Jarod C. & Lee, Tae-Kyung & Keoleian, Gregory A. & Filipi, Zoran, 2013. "Environmental assessment of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles using naturalistic drive cycles and vehicle travel patterns: A Michigan case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 358-370.
- Faria, Ricardo & Marques, Pedro & Moura, Pedro & Freire, Fausto & Delgado, Joaquim & de Almeida, Aníbal T., 2013. "Impact of the electricity mix and use profile in the life-cycle assessment of electric vehicles," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 271-287.
- Karabasoglu, Orkun & Michalek, Jeremy, 2013. "Influence of driving patterns on life cycle cost and emissions of hybrid and plug-in electric vehicle powertrains," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 445-461.
- Wu, Ye & Yang, Zhengdong & Lin, Bohong & Liu, Huan & Wang, Renjie & Zhou, Boya & Hao, Jiming, 2012. "Energy consumption and CO2 emission impacts of vehicle electrification in three developed regions of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 537-550.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Boqiang & Tan, Ruipeng, 2017. "Are people willing to pay more for new energy bus fares?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 365-372.
- Yuan, Xinmei & Zhang, Chuanpu & Hong, Guokai & Huang, Xueqi & Li, Lili, 2017. "Method for evaluating the real-world driving energy consumptions of electric vehicles," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 1955-1968.
- Gao, Zhiming & Lin, Zhenhong & LaClair, Tim J. & Liu, Changzheng & Li, Jan-Mou & Birky, Alicia K. & Ward, Jacob, 2017. "Battery capacity and recharging needs for electric buses in city transit service," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 588-600.
- Harris, Andrew & Soban, Danielle & Smyth, Beatrice M. & Best, Robert, 2018. "Assessing life cycle impacts and the risk and uncertainty of alternative bus technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 569-579.
- Zhang, Shaojun & Wu, Ye & Un, Puikei & Fu, Lixin & Hao, Jiming, 2016. "Modeling real-world fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions with high resolution for light-duty passenger vehicles in a traffic populated city," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 461-471.
- Tommy Rosén & Louise Ödlund, 2019. "System Perspective on Biogas Use for Transport and Electricity Production," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-13, October.
- Deng, Yelin & Li, Jianyang & Li, Tonghui & Zhang, Jingyi & Yang, Fan & Yuan, Chris, 2017. "Life cycle assessment of high capacity molybdenum disulfide lithium-ion battery for electric vehicles," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 77-88.
- Correa, G. & Muñoz, P. & Falaguerra, T. & Rodriguez, C.R., 2017. "Performance comparison of conventional, hybrid, hydrogen and electric urban buses using well to wheel analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 537-549.
- Dominik Franjo Dominković & Greg Stark & Bri-Mathias Hodge & Allan Schrøder Pedersen, 2018. "Integrated Energy Planning with a High Share of Variable Renewable Energy Sources for a Caribbean Island," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-15, August.
- Bossink, Bart A.G., 2017. "Demonstrating sustainable energy: A review based model of sustainable energy demonstration projects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 1349-1362.
- Qin, Nan & Gusrialdi, Azwirman & Paul Brooker, R. & T-Raissi, Ali, 2016. "Numerical analysis of electric bus fast charging strategies for demand charge reduction," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 386-396.
- Xinkuo Xu & Xiaofeng Lv & Liyan Han, 2019. "Carbon Asset of Electrification: Valuing the Transition from Fossil Fuel-Powered Buses to Battery Electric Buses in Beijing," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-16, May.
- Falcão, Eduardo Aparecido Moreira & Teixeira, Ana Carolina Rodrigues & Sodré, José Ricardo, 2017. "Analysis of CO2 emissions and techno-economic feasibility of an electric commercial vehicle," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 297-307.
- repec:spr:masfgc:v:23:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s11027-017-9757-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masmoudi, Mohamed Amine & Hosny, Manar & Demir, Emrah & Genikomsakis, Konstantinos N. & Cheikhrouhou, Naoufel, 2018. "The dial-a-ride problem with electric vehicles and battery swapping stations," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 392-420.
- Xylia, Maria & Silveira, Semida, 2018. "The role of charging technologies in upscaling the use of electric buses in public transport: Experiences from demonstration projects," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 399-415.
- Zhao, Rui & Liu, Jie & Gu, Junjie, 2017. "A comprehensive study on Li-ion battery nail penetrations and the possible solutions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 392-401.
- Klaus Kivekäs & Antti Lajunen & Jari Vepsäläinen & Kari Tammi, 2018. "City Bus Powertrain Comparison: Driving Cycle Variation and Passenger Load Sensitivity Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-26, July.
- Li, Wei & Jia, Zhijie & Zhang, Hongzhi, 2017. "The impact of electric vehicles and CCS in the context of emission trading scheme in China: A CGE-based analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 800-816.
- Gallet, Marc & Massier, Tobias & Hamacher, Thomas, 2018. "Estimation of the energy demand of electric buses based on real-world data for large-scale public transport networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 344-356.
More about this item
KeywordsBattery electric bus; Energy consumption; On-road testing; Life-cycle CO2 emissions; System charging efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:96:y:2016:i:c:p:603-613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.